Protein shake...I HATE the blender!

Options

Replies

• klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have a magic bullet. When I just do powdered protein, I use a mixer bottle with the metal ball in the bottle and I use that with almond milk or soy milk to get my shake in.
  • lowbrau
    lowbrau Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, just tried a mason jar on the blender and it works. sweet.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I have this Cuisinart blender:
    http://www.cuisinart.com/products/blenders/cpb-300.html
    It comes with 4 travel cups with lids. I usually put frozen fruit in mine and it does great. It has a relatively small footprint and a sleek design. I've had it a little over 2 months and have had no problems with it.
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have one of these:

http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/products/blenders-single-serve-blenders.html

Best thing I ever got, less than $20, a snap to clean, makes one shake.

I just got this one for Christmas! Only used it twice but so far it works really well. You blend it right in a to go cup but I would never use it because it has the blades in it. Not sure if this is common for this type of thing or not but it makes me uncomfortable. :ohwell:
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    The magic bullet is the way to go. I use my magic bullet several time a week and it never fails me.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I use a decent stainless steel hand/stick blender when doing smoothies as it can smush ice and frozen fruit. I use a shaker cup when on the go and I use a battery operated milk frother when I just have milk/powder in a glass at home.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    unsweetened almond milk will make it delicious and creamy
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Water. Less than suggested. About 11oz for 2 scoops.
    Gulp it down in 2 big gulps. 3 if I'm being shy about it.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    blender bottle. get one.

blender-bottle-gear-patrol.jpg
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I have one of those cups with the wire wisk ball in it.
  • mrsburghart
    mrsburghart Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I use the Oster MyBlend blender. It blends into a 20 oz. sports bottle. I have my shake, rinse it out, and drink water out of it the rest of the day. Clean up takes less than 5 minutes. It breaks up the fruit and ice in my smoothies just fine! Pretty cheap, too...about $30
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I have a Chris Freytag personal blender - got it for a Christmas present about 5 years ago and love love love it! It makes the best shakes with ice and/or frozen fruit. My friend had a bullet when I was visiting her in AZ and my personal blender worked so much better. Youl blend in the same cup you drink out of of and it even has a lid that is spill proof. Mine was bought off of QVC but if you do a google search you can find them several different places.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You could use the blender on a huge amount of fruit at one time and freeze into serving sizes to thaw and mix in a shaker with other ingredients later.:drinker:
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, just tried a mason jar on the blender and it works. sweet.

insta-magic bullet
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Handheld immersion mixer. Mix-mix-mix, rinse-rinse-rinse, done.

This if I'm putting anything besides milk/water and powder in it. Otherwise I just stir or shake.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have a Chris Freytag personal blender - got it for a Christmas present about 5 years ago and love love love it! It makes the best shakes with ice and/or frozen fruit. My friend had a bullet when I was visiting her in AZ and my personal blender worked so much better. Youl blend in the same cup you drink out of of and it even has a lid that is spill proof. Mine was bought off of QVC but if you do a google search you can find them several different places.

This thing is great, but mine went up eventually. Now, I can't find it anywhere. It's not selling on QVC like it was.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    If no fruit - butter knife and plastic glass.
    If soft fruit - blender bottle.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I just eat the powder by the spoonful. Hardcore, I know.

Seriously though, if I am just using the powder and liquid I shake it. If I am adding fruit...then the blender. It's not that hard to clean.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    If no fruit - butter knife and plastic glass.
    If soft fruit - blender bottle.

what about hard fruit? :laugh:
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I have the Ninja; but I will tell you using the single "to go" cup smooths better than using the big 4 cup carafe. I got it for $79 at Walmart. It came with the 4 cup carafe and 2 single "to go" cups with lids and the little blender piece you put on them to zip it quick. I love it.