muscles and exercises

Options
does anyone know if there is a web site that would tell you what type of gym exercises or machines to use to get rid of certain things? im trying to get rid of that fat that peaks out from underneath my bra on my back.

Replies

• calisunrise
    Options
    dumbell chest press pulses help firm up this area
    http://www.weighttraining.com/exercises/dumbbell-chest-press-pulse
  • Minki1990
    Options
    does anyone know if there is a web site that would tell you what type of gym exercises or machines to use to get rid of certain things? im trying to get rid of that fat that peaks out from underneath my bra on my back.

You can't spot reduce. Just eat at a deficit and train hard, your body will burn fat from all over the body.
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    As many will (and have, since I'm slow) tell you, you can't spot reduce, without lipo. Your body will choose where the fat shrinks, no matter what you want. Eat healthy and exercise.

Also, try a seamless/ elacticless bra. No bra rolls with them :flowerforyou:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Any website that promoted such things would be garbage. You're going to lose fat all over your body as you lose weight. You can't target specific areas to lose fat by exercising them.

Eat at a calorie deficit. Start a whole body workout routine. Profit.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. i know u cant spot reduce however, after a bunch of squats and deadlifts thast little fat behind my thighs has in fact shrank (as has the rest of my body but im just sayin) and it has firmed up. i will look into that website. hope eveyone has a succesful new years!!
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    You cannot lose fat from one specific area on your body. Building muscle will help "tighten" the skin, but you need to eat below calorie maintenance to burn fat, but not too low. Eat good and lift heavy.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. i know u cant spot reduce however, after a bunch of squats and deadlifts thast little fat behind my thighs has in fact shrank (as has the rest of my body but im just sayin) and it has firmed up. i will look into that website. hope eveyone has a succesful new years!!

Your body actually decides where it's going to burn fat the fastest. So, the trouble area you're talking about is taking it's time more than any other part of your body but it will catch up. It's the muscles in different areas of your body. Unbalanced muscles can do this.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

In other words: I know I can't spot reduce but I'm going to try to find a way to do it anyway. Thanks for nothing.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Exrx.net.

You're welcome.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. If it were possible I would have been pleased as punch if 55 out of my 56 lbs lost had come directly from my middle. (Even if I only had one pound to lose I'm sure that pound of fat would reside just below my belly button.) Unfortunately that is the first place I gain, last place I lose. My butt, thighs, and back thin out first and I wanted to keep my booty. Countless women on this site lament the loss of their boobs. Keep working hard and eventually it will pay off. There is no easy answer.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Godspeed
  • ladybrown3342
    Options
    bodybuilding.com