Exercising and large... upper shelf

Options
Women who are gifted with large breasts... any bras you would recommend to workout in? Any vigorous activities and I am falling out of my top... I'm a DD and haven't found a sports bra that works yet.

Replies

• divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I just use my regular bras, which are the wireless cotton ones by Cacique from Lane Bryant. They are not very popular and they keep decreasing what they carry, but I get great support from them, better than any other I've ever worn. They are built like a sports bra, but they hook in the back instead of pull over, and you get separation, so no uniboob.
  • sierrahopper
    Options
    I'll have to check out lane Bryant this weekend.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Have you tried under armour?
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Just find a better sports bra. And get it fitted. My OH has large boobs, never popping out as they are properly fitted.
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I've always just bought a regular sport bra one size too small. Really cram 'em in there... but, it's not uncomfortable and they stay put when I run!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort. I have the Fiona bra and it is comfortable, keeps the gals from bouncing and cute. A bit pricey, but I love it and consider it completely worth it.
  • Blueyedtine
    Blueyedtine Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Lulu Lemon's Tata Tamer! It really is THE BEST! It's pricey but so worth it, I never felt comfortable running till I got one.
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the Anita Extreme control sport bra and it comes in larger cups sizes. Sports bras that you pull over your head will not give you enough support for your size. A good sports bra is well worth the money spent!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Shock absorber. Best running bra.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I just double bag them...wear my regular bra with a tight (one size smaller) sports bra over it.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine has to wear two for added support. Maybe find a style that fits comfortably and then wear two for support. Wish I could help more.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I am a dd and wear just a normal bra, works best for me. That being said this is the smallest my chest has been in a loooooong time. I used to be an F-G and that was a pain....literally.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    WomanWithin has a sports bra that's inside out and i LOVE it.
  • BldHny2002
    BldHny2002 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I've always just bought a regular sport bra one size too small. Really cram 'em in there... but, it's not uncomfortable and they stay put when I run!

Same here! Or if I have to, I double up on the sports bra.
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    i wear my normal everyday bras under my sports bra which i got at target
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm an I cup and i run sprints, so good bras are a necessity.

for my cup size enell and shock absorber are the best for high impact stuff. enell's and shock absorber are on the higher price end ($65) but at my size this is the only choice. for medium-low impact elomi and goddess are good.

i havent done 2 bras since i had to back in the 90's when i was a big boobed and played rugby. sports bra tech for large breasts have come a long way since then so there is no need to double up :laugh: i swear some of you are living in the dark ages. come out into the light y'all :laugh:

at smaller sizes (sorry to say, to me a dd and ddd are teeny :laugh: ) i hear moving comfort, under armor, champion, elomi and goddess are good those are in the $30-$40 range if you dont find them on sale. enell and shock absorber are also good for those sizes but there are cheaper options that are just as good.
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Shock absorbers! Best by far! Also, they do bras tailored to running, or with straps designed for the movement of tennis. Really well thought out!
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    shock absorber =) (I'm F-G area)
  • LadyZephyr
    LadyZephyr Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'm currently a 34f - ff depending where I buy from, and I've gone down from a G. Bravissimo do a great range of sports bras. Pricey, but worth it.
  • chicco57
    chicco57 Posts: 298
    Options
    as a few have mentioned already shock absorber bra level 4 is needed for the larger ladies, hope that helps