Need to get back to work!

Options
Ok the last time I logged on to MFP was Dec 1st, at that point I had lost 51 pounds and of course thought I was golden, I didn't need it anymore or the chat rooms. I come back today having gained 15 pounds! Granted We moved, hubby started on a new military post and I have three teenagers but really there's no excuse. if there is anyone else who had had a setback I would love to hear from you, i'm trying to get motivated and back on track but well just feel lazy!:yawn:

Replies

• bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    When I was 16 I lost 40 lbs and was starting to get healthy and look good. Then I had a few discouraging words, my motivation went down, and I had gained it all back a year later. This is the first time I've really got into it since then and it took me forever, i just had to really want it and be willing to sacrifice for it again. Looking around the site definitely motivates me, so just take a look around, and get back into it. You know you do it! Good luck!
  • jdcole67
    jdcole67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I lost over 70 pounds doing the Atkins plan 5 years ago...then thought I was okay to going back to my old habits when my life hit a stressful period...now here I am, starting over again...this time I have set a more ambitious goal, and am not doing a radical dietary change like Atkins ever again...counting calories earned versus calories burned is the only way to be successful in the long term, I really understand that now, and that is why I love this program...it travels with me on my iPhone and I can finally use a food diary that works with me, instead of against me like a pen and paper version...good luck, and know that you are not alone on this journey!
  • Romba
    Romba Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have. I started working out in December. Every day since December 29, I worked out to DVDs, walking, running...anything I could do. I lost 7 lbs!!

ONE WEEK seems like it destroyed it. I stopped logging in, stopped drinking water, stopped working out. I ate a whole bag of ginger snaps and tostitos and dip. In ONE WEEK I gained 5 lbs back. I dont know how that is possible, but it happened. Now I am having trouble getting motivated again, seems like I have to start all over.

I weigh 2lbs less than I did when I started. I had a goal. My goal was to be a certain weight by March 17th and I have been thinking I may have blew it.

I've gotten back on MFP and hopefully can get back into the groove.

Best of luck to you and I hope this site also helps you find inspiration and motivation.