Pasta - 20 calories!!!!

Options
vnovit
vnovit Posts: 101
Hi everyone,

So in an effort to stay on track, I did some research and shopped around and found this incredible product: Tofu noodles that are 20 calories for half the package. I made them yesterday... they taste and feel like real pasta! They are incredible - and I will be using them over regular pasta. They are super filling and you can garnish them any way you want.

Just wanted to share this tid bit with you! They are sold at my Longo's, but I am sure you can find them anywhere!

Replies

• PReneeM
    Options
    What brand?
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Interesting....thanks I'll check that out for sure...
  • vnovit
    vnovit Posts: 101
    Options
    House Foods - Tofu Shiritaki, 8 oz - 40 calories for the entire package, 20 for half. I usually eat the entire package.. and it actually covers my entire plate. It is so, so filling. I was so surprised when I found out about I just have to tell the world.
  • ahugaday4me
    ahugaday4me Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I will have to look for that :) Thanks for posting!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    How do you prepare them so that they actually taste like regular pasta?
  • honeybee1036
    honeybee1036 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sunnyinaz78
    Options
    These noodles are the best! don't forget to rinse them prior to par boiling though, have a slight "fishy" smell to them. Do not overcook 1 min in the microwave I found is sufficient.
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    sounds great!
  • knwgoode
    Options
    Pasta is one of the food that is hard for me to give up. Thanks for the post I will definately look for the tofu noddles now:)
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yeah, there is a lot of buzz around these noodles. They are sometimes called the miracle noodles. Anyway, I can't remember her name, but someone posted a nice thread here about how to make these noodles even better. She talked about dry frying them and that was the secret to making them delicious. A quick search might bring up the post. I am trying the noodles this week. But not the tofu ones because I don't eat tofu. I am getting the original ones. They are zero calories I believe, or very few(less than the tofu noodles).
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    WHATTTT???? I need these in my life! You think maybe Whole Foods would have them??? and most importantly, are they Gluten Free?
  • MRL1107
    Options
    Thank you, thank you for this post!!! I'll definitely be checking these "Miracle Noodles" out this week. I'm a pasta freak and have been having a hard time giving it up. I appreciate the info!!!
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    the tofu noodles are good but be prepared they do not have the same texture as regular pasta. and like said rinse them very well.
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I've tried these before and they are good in texture and everything but the smell I couldn't deal with. If there is a trick to them I'd love to know.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    bump
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    WHATTTT???? I need these in my life! You think maybe Whole Foods would have them??? and most importantly, are they Gluten Free?

yes they are gluten free...i wasn't a huge fan of the texture of them and they do smell awful(i rinsed them thoroughly).
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Yes they are really good. I've tried them before too.
  • meganreinsch
    meganreinsch Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow, Thanks for posting! I Love tofu and pasta. What a great way to combine them in a healthy manner!
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    one serving is 1/2 cup of regular pasta and only 150 calories. Don't get people trying to substitute with gross stuff. Just eat a portion and enjoy.
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Tofu anything and really don't want to. But pasta is something I really would like a substitute for. If it's smelly that's kind of scary. For the people that have eaten this pasta, were you already someone that ate tofu?