Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

just wondering ....

claire76bear
claire76bear Posts: 9
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi , I have been on this site a week and read so much interesting stuff but have a few questions, wondered if you guys might be able to answer :happy:

Firstly: my friend does a diet based on counting points ( not sure if I can mention other diet companies!) and she says she's likes to save her points for a glass...or a bottle at the weekend inorder to do so she eats extra careful to leave the points. I wondered it you did that its like bingeing and defeats the point or is it a sense of karma.

Second question: I read a forum the yesterday where someone said you shouldn't eat too many carbs before you work out in order to burn more fat. I workout at a class in the evening and never sure whether to eat before or after, and as my meals contain either rice, potato or pasta which have lots of carbs arent I putting the carbs back in , not burning them and turn into fat or does the body carry on burning cals after the workout?....

Third and final question!!! truth of fact , I was also told....that what ever you eat or exercise you do this week doesn't come off or go on straight away, but shows up on the scales the following week

Replies

• DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Claire,

You will get many more intelligent answers than mine but here are some of my thoughts.

Having been doing this for a year, I can honestly say it is about changing your lifestyle, not a diet. With this in mind, there will be occasions that you simply consume more calories. i.e. a wedding or a weekend out. When I know that I am going to be out that evening I try to do extra excercise and be a bit more careful during the day. I really do not see the point of limiting all week in order to have a binge. It seems counter productive to the "life style" idea. My new lifestyle allows for special occasions but does not require me to skimp the rest of the week.

Second, question...I have no idea!

Third, it has been my experience that what I do this week the results will be seen next week (if they are real). Meaning, I can say, "oh, tomorrow is my weigh in day so I am not going to eat, drink, and I will take a laxative so that I see the scales move down!" Well, that would work in seeing a lower weight on the scales but it isn't real. If you eat well, with real food, and excercise you will lose.

What I think people need to be aware of is that the body is complex. People begin and because they are not seeing dramatic results after the first week, just quit. But sometimes it takes the body a period of a week or two to figure things out.

A bad pattern is to do this:
    Week 1: Do really good, no weight loss

Week 2: Cheat a bit, and hey down a pound (so this means cheating is good, right?)

Week 3: Cheat again, and up a pound and a half

So...by week 4 you get smarter

Week 4; do well, no weigh loss
    Week 5 do well, down a half of a pound
    Week 6 do well, down two pounds...

Best of luck!! Bottom line...time will pass...it will be spring and then summer, if you stick with it you will be in a better place even if it isn't perfect or quick.

DD
This discussion has been closed.