Periods of not wanting to eat

Options
So I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

I go through periods that I don't want to eat. Not like "I want to loose weight so Im not going to eat," kind of thing but where I will be starving and roaming the kitchen and nothing sounds good. You can only look in the fridge so many times before just giving up. This ushually doesnt last more than a couple days though . But there are times where the thought of food (Or right after eating) makes me feel physically sick which can last anywhere from a couple days or a month or longer.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Yep. For me that happens monthly, right after my period starts and sometimes continues for a week or so. It's balanced by the time BEFORE my period where i want to eat everything in sight.
  • klutz347
    klutz347 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I get to the point that nothing "Sounds good". I know I need to eat to stay out of the "Starvation mode" and stay healthy, but it's hard sometimes.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Stress?
    Stuck in a rut with food choices?
    TOM?
    Sick?
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's much to worry about. If you aren't hungry don't eat. A few days of anything isn't going to cause you problems and not eating much for a few days certainly won't throw you into "starvation mode." I certainly have days (and stretches of days) where I eat more than others and the same goes for periods of time where I really don't eat much because I just don't feel like eating. I wouldn't stress about it too much.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Me too.. but I think it's depression.
  • Sarahsue94
    Options
    Stress?
    Stuck in a rut with food choices?
    TOM?

I think the short periods kind of have to do with my depression