30 day shred...

Options
Ok so I didnt get a chance to buy the dvd this weekend but I am going today after work. Is there anything else I need to buy? Like weights or anyrhing. I already have a work out mat. Also..how much room do I need to do it? I was planning on doing it in my bedroom.

Replies

• Ashia1317
    Options
    It recommends a set have hand weights. When I first started a few months ago I really focused on technique and forms with out the weights. Then I started with 2 lbs. I'm restarting this work out routine with 5 lbs this week.

(there's a group on here that just started)
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    Just weights, and it doesn't take up too much room.. as long as you have space to do some pretend jump rope, do some jumping jacks, and can lay on the floor during ab work you will be fine. And in case the both of you would like to join... I'm part of a group on here that is starting 30 day shred today (a few are already a little farther into it), but we post before pics (if you feel comfortable enough), and our body measurements and weight as of today. We are keeping each other motivated to stick to it for the next 30 days! Just a thought... it's under 30 DAY SHRED WEEK 1
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    yes i am part of this group...but i did not buy the dvd lol so you guys will be a day ahead of me. So how heavy should the weights be that i get? 2 pounds?
  • krl523
    krl523 Posts: 53
    Options
    Yes, I started it this morning. It was intense and went fast!! You will sweat! You need weights and a floor mat if you are exercising on a hard surface. I used 5lb weights.
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have 5lbs. weights. If they got to heavy, I alternated arms instead of doing both together. 3lbs. would be good to start with. Good luck!!
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I have 5lbs. weights. If they got to heavy, I alternated arms instead of doing both together. 3lbs. would be good to start with. Good luck!!

Im doing 3lbs but my arms are my weakest link!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I would reccomend starting with a 3lb and 5lb weight set. You don't need too much room. Some movements I had to use no weights and perfect the move first, then added the weights in. Some bicep moves, the 5lb was too light, and other moves the 3lb was almost too heavy. I think it depends on where your strong areas are :) Don't feel upset if you have to use no weights for some of the moves!! You'll move up in no time. Its amazing what 3 days of working out on this program can do for your strenghth!!!