This is what 24 pounds can look like.

Options
2»

Replies

• lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    for the most part, i agree with you. however, for women who are pushing numbers on the scale close to 300 pounds, it means the world to watch that number go down. once your down, to a "normal" range, then sure, i could see the non-care in regards to the number. im about to finally get under 200, and to be honest, i dont care if i get to 160 or 180, just being under 200 is so special for me because i was upwards of almost 250 last christmas. there is a point where the numbers become less important and toning and body comp becomes most important, but some have to shed alot of pounds of fat to even get down to a point to see a muscle. so i think, for the most part, you make perfect sense, but for women who have a number on the scale that is not only extremely dangerous but downright embarassing... its nice to see that number go down...

You are absolutely right and I didn't mean to make it sound like it wasn't important. or exhilarating, or downright great! But, I see some people get very down bc, they didn't lose anything this week, or they gained a pound back, etc. but the gist is, if they've been working hard and eating right...they're changing their body composition! They may not see it on the scale or in the mirror, but they really are making changes, and it's important to not forget that!
  • dmkirk28
    dmkirk28 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Awesome advice and inspirational pictures!!
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    u look GREAT!! congrats on ur weight loss!!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Since losing weight and getting much fitter, I've actually STARTED having GERD. :laugh:
  • lacurandera1
    Options
    Nice work! Since losing weight and getting much fitter, I've actually STARTED having GERD. :laugh:

Oh no! that really sucks! what is even up with that? Maybe a change in your diet that doesn't agree with you?
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! How tall are you? How long did it take you to see these changes? Great job!
  • lacurandera1
    Options
    You look awesome! How tall are you? How long did it take you to see these changes? Great job!

Thanks! I am 5'9". I started in March of 2012. I'd say 3 or 4 months later I had lost 20 lbs. The other 4 came off suuuuper slowly but the inches were falling off even though the weight wasn't. Take into consideration, the 2nd pic is of me actively flexing my core, but it's so good to know that someday it's gonna look like that all the time!!!!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Oh no! that really sucks! what is even up with that? Maybe a change in your diet that doesn't agree with you?

Worked with a GI to figure things out... unfortunately, almost every member of my family has GERD. Looks like I was just dodging it this whole time... so, I'm glad you overcame those symptoms! I sympathize with how much it sucks!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Love your results....Good job
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Pretty awesome stuff.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Great job!
    You just made my whole day!
  • ladynica
    ladynica Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    This is awesome.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. REALLY amazing.Great words of wisdom!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!