Looking for support/friends/encouragement

Options
Hi. My name is Michelle. My current weight is 239.2 lbs. My goal weight is 150 lbs. I have already lost about 20 lbs with myfitnesspal. I have also recently quit smoking (24 days today). I used another app to help with that process. The friends were CRUCIAL in quitting smoking! I have been a member of myfitnesspal since August '12 but never used this aspect unitl now. Looking to meet friends so that we can encourage and empower each other along the way.

Replies

• sheldonvaughn
    Options
    Michelle!!!! That's awesome that you have quit smoking and lost 20 pounds. Those are huge acheivements. As someone who comes from a whole family of overweight smokers, I am really impressed and inspired by you. I have never been a smoker myself but up until about 2 years ago was really overweight. I'm now trying to lose about 22 pounds in the next 3 months or so.
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hi...I started at 220 lbs back in August. I am down to 167lbs now, my goal is 135lbs. Feel free to add me, I could use the support and I log on every day to support my friends.

Kathi
  • fittwinmama21
    fittwinmama21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too am 239 lbs and looking to get to about 170. I have lost about 15 so for, but this last week with the holidays have fallen off the wagon. I got back on today and that is where I will stay! Also looking for friends to motivate.
  • LauraW1219
    LauraW1219 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I only have three people on my fitness pal and I would love new friends as well. Feel free to send me a request anytime. I'm down 19.2 going to 132 (hope hope).
  • bogle34
    bogle34 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You can add if you wish - I also need all the support. Once again here is my goal to healthier me ! We can do this :laugh:
  • aegerine
    Options
    I have just logged back in- looking for some major motivation in 2013, so feel free to add me!
  • joy5877
    joy5877 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I also need the support to stop smoking!!! You are an inspiration to lose while quitting smoking - great job!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I started at around 220, and I'm looking to be at around 140-145. I'd love to have you and anyone else as a friend. :) I'm new here.
  • BeckyM03
    BeckyM03 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great job on the quiting smoking and losing 20 lbs! Feel free to add me :) Im always looking for support and motivation!
  • happynmellow
    Options
    I am sending add request now! I quit smoking October 1 2012, and joined MFP I was determined to not gain weight from quitting and have lost 35 lbs since then! I know how difficult it is, but also that IT CAN BE DONE! I gave up Mountain Dew, and drink only water. I started out walking about 3 miles a day, and now run, walk, and do the elliptical and lift weights. I feel amazing and my goal is also 150, I have about 34 lbs to go, I started at 242 at my heaviest. You can do it!! Isnt it great to be able to breath fresh air and smell clean instead of stinky smoke!! :)
  • princesslisa999
    princesslisa999 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hey add me im princesslisa999 looking for support to lost my last stone really struggling with all this lovely christmas food now x
  • Lozx87
    Lozx87 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    hi i have been a member for ages but only just recently commited properly i started at 227lbs im currently at 217lbs i have just received my slim in 6 dvds and gonna be starting them january 1st. my goal weight in total is 130-140lbs i will get there.

feel free to add
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. Great job!
  • julzfd
    Options
    Hi I'm new here. I am starting at 177 and target is 140. I feel like it is an impossible task but have to do it. Am happy to chat and support others if someone can give me a push every now and then.
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I would love to be friends....we are close in weight and goal...my goal is actually about 160 give or take.....proud of you for quitting smoking!!!!!! Friend me if you want!!!
    Kathey
  • SaraC83
    Options
    Hi :) I joined today and I too am looking for motivation and support :) Please feel free to add me x
  • skinnylady1011
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 20 lbs and quitting smoking! So impressive!! I'm (kinda) new to MFP, signed up in Nov. and have been using every day since. I've lost 12 lbs..started at 211, down to 199 at my last weigh in (I'm scared to weigh in after the holidays...ugh!). My goal is 130. I don't have any friends yet so anyone who reads and wants to connect and support, please add me! :)
  • dynamodi
    dynamodi Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Thats awesome :) I started at 178 and have lost 4 pounds so far, not that amazing but ive kept it off so far. Add me if you want :)
  • a_drienneeee
    a_drienneeee Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i started this week and definitely need lots of support! add me(:
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    you can add me