If you need a little pick me up

Options
So, I was feeling a little down this morning after seeing a big jump up with my weight. A lot of people responded with encouraging words. I decided to change my attitude for the day. I went around the house and opened all the blinds and windows to let the light and cool breeze in. I put on some music and danced like a nut with my kids. I took a hot shower and put a little makeup on. In a little bit when my kids go down for nap, I'm going to take some me time and paint my ceramic snowman that I'm working on for next Christmas. I must say, just opening the blinds brightened my mood. The point of all this is that I realized that only I am in control of my mood and changing my outlook. The scale is only one aspect of who I am. I'm the one who decides what type of life I want to live, and I want to be happy again. Of course, I want to lose the weight, but being an overall better person is my ultimate goal. So my message to each of you is keep your head up, smile a little more, dance a little more, laugh a little more. It's contagious.

Replies