BEST Low Cal / Healthy Snacks.. What are they?

Options
Hi,
I find with my new table of eating.. (alot was thrown down to the floor) that my snack, my yummy is Peanut butter and raisins eaten together. I also like my chocolate banana slimfast with a tablespoon of peanut butter.
What delicious combos have you figured out that work well with your weight loss and or maintenance?
I mean we all love ICE cream, but that is too easy and too fattening.
Any creations out there? Any good ideas?
Speak up!

Replies

• SarahSosi
    SarahSosi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    air popped popcorn! without any toppings! plain :D a little pinch of salt!
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered these pita crisps that are 70 calories for 11 of them, and they aren't small. I dip them in 2 tablespoons of roasted red pepper hummus, total of 100 calories.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Why is ice cream too fattening? You don't need to give up anything you really love, just pay attention to how much of it you are consuming and fit it into your calorie/macro goals.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Ice cream isn't fattening. Calorie surpluses are.
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I never tried humus.. maybe I ought to?
  • sjohnny
    Options

Hummus is good. Just don't make cookies out of it.
  • castell5
    Options
    The ice cream commentators are correct.. but the biggest downfall for me calorie wise is ICE CREAM. I will eat every flavor on the planet! That is my all time favorite fattening food.
    BUT, I have found that peanut butter and raisins is really good so with it, I can pass by the ice cream. With a chocolate Slim Fast (not that I think it will make me slim fast, I know it wont) and a table spoon of peanut butter, tastes like a chocolate peanut butter ice cream shake! So it's really good too! ( I add a frozen banana which gives it that thick frozen shake taste)
    Just wondering what other YUMMIES are out there that can be a substitute for my beloved ice cream.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Hummus is good. Just don't make cookies out of it.

:bigsmile:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    BEST? Well, that's relative. Some that I like...

1. special k cracker chips
    2. popcorn
    3. string cheese
    4. yogurt
    5. instant oatmeal
    6. creamsicles
    7. frozen yogurt
    8. edamame
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    WATER
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth, and nothing satisfies my cravings as well as Fibre 1 brownies. 100 calories of sheer heaven.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    My big thing with snacks is making sure they have all 3 macros to be satiating- so fruit paired with PB is great, or fruit and mozzarella string cheese, or baby carrots and hummus, or cheddar and apples, 2% greek yogurt sprinkled with some granola or fruit, raw veggies and any flavor dip (ranch or onion are favorites) made with greek yogurt (tip- you can use greek yogurt anywhere a recipe calls for sour cream), whatever. But if you miss any one macro, you're going to be hungry sooner rather than later.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Mmmmm...cheddar and apples. Especially a really sharp cheddar with granny smith apples.
  • castell5
    Options
    Wow (MoreBean13) that was a great response! I invent, and create new food ideas. I put a few into a blog **My first ever** One was Baked Tofu that tastes like Mozzarella sticks.. it's really good. Firm Tofu sliced into 12 slices. Coat in Shake N Bake Parmesan coating and bake at 400 degrees for 20 min's on each side. Really good, healthy and low cal.
  • castell5
    Options
    Mmmmm...cheddar and apples. Especially a really sharp cheddar with granny smith apples.

LOVE apples and cheese.. even when I wasn't dieting, I could eat that for dinner! Love apples and port wine cheese, but any cheese is good really.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I mix fromage blanc with ice cream and protein powder. Excellent.
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I focus on foods that taste good but not so much that I consume the entire container in one meal/sitting...I tone the sweetness and saltiness down. In doing so, I still enjoy the taste but I stop eating when I am full and satisfied, not when the container is empty...
  • goodtf
    goodtf Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    "Crunchmaster" Multi-Seed Roasted Garlic crackers, 14 crackers, 140 calories. These are great! You don't need to be on a diet to reach for these! Kraft 2% milk naturally reduced fat cheddar cheese bars, 90 calories. i have tried some of the lower calorie, lower fat cheese but they lacked flavor. I would rather eat less of a good thing than more of something tasteless. To top it off, my red wine goes w/ this at 106 calories for 5 oz
  • GangreneHeart
    Options
    Before starting to eat healthy, I liked Sensible Portions Veggie Straws - It is 38 pieces per serving for a total of 130 calories. My toddler loves them too.

Honestly, now I do not snack. I am still working on self-control.