Are you sure you want to eat that?!!!

Options
Does anyone else have people constantly asking them this? I get this all the time and it is really annoying me. If I want to eat a sweet or want to treat myself to a shop brought sandwich or something, they'll say, 'Oh, so you're not dieting anymore'. I keep telling people that I'm NOT on a diet and can eat whatever I want (within reason of course) as long as I'm not going over my calories but nobody seems to get it.

I suppose everyone is so used to me dieting and starving for months which is what I used to do before, that now they automatically think I shouldn't be eating 'bad food' if I'm trying to lose weight. If I buy anything that's not considered healthy, I get strange looks or comments. I often feel like I can't eat things unless I do so secretly. It's so frustrating!

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Tell them to *kitten* off.

But nicely, of course. Unless you don't feel nice.

You're right - people think dieting = starvation. I had a coworker tell me that I was going to "undo all my hard work" by eating a ONE high calorie meal. I kept waiting for the instant 46lbs to show up.....lol!

Just keep doing what you're doing. The proof is in the pudding.
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Simply tell them to mind their own business.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

But nicely, of course.

"Excuse me, I would like you to *kitten* off please. Thank you, have a great day"

I agree with the replies so far though. You do you, ignore them. I see 34lbs lost on your ticker. Obviously your method is working.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

But nicely, of course.

"Excuse me, I would like you to *kitten* off please. Thank you, have a great day"

I agree with the replies so far though. You do you, ignore them. I see 34lbs lost on your ticker. Obviously your method is working.

I have said that to someone before "Could you please *kitten* off? Thank you!" All while smiling.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I usually just say "Yes, I want to eat that"...heck today for lunch ate a whole Chipotle Burrito Bowl...it fit in my calories and I have no regrets...