What tunes you got in them headphones?

Options
I'm am a huge huge huge music fan. I love listening to albums...not just songs. Every time I google what music people listen to int he gym all I ever get is a band that just screams, BORING! I listen to a lot of Kanye West in the gym. What's everyone's favorite tunes?

Replies

• Stanski21
    Options
    I just hit shuffle and see what comes on... although I was struggling on the treadmill the other day and 'Eye of the Tiger' came on... couldn't help smiling through the last Kilometre of the run! :laugh:
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    For my runs I really like Sixx AM, Ozzy, Foo Fighters, The Offspring, and Rob Zombie (only the non-screaming ones though).
  • GluttonousGirl
    GluttonousGirl Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I mix it up. I like to listen to angry chick music when I work out. but I also love a lot of old school heavy metal. currently listening to the new Slash.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Listening to the best rapper ever - Flynt Flossy. Just bought his CD featuring him and the other members of the Turquoise Jeep record label:

Did I Mention I like To Dance - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxi73RQlLB8
    (How you like yo eggs) Fried or Fertilized - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x-JVXkd8SQ
    Shuyamouf - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt1cmGZgNjk
    Lemme Smang it (smash and bang it) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt5ghXdq6Z0
    Why I gotta wait - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajcGDaLy4Zw
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I listen to alot of heavy metal with screams, but I usually mix it up with rap and fast paced country, heres some that help me get big lifts

Notorious BIG- Ready to Die
    NAS- Loco-Motive
    NAS- The Don
    GZA the Genius- Liquid Swords
    Bun B- Get Throwed
    Dr. Dre- Next Episode
    Kip Moore- Somethin Bout A Truck
    Aaron Watson- Breaker Breaker One Nine
    Aaron Watson- Real Good Time
    Rhett Atkins- Kiss My Country *kitten*
    Brantley Gilbert- Hell On Wheels
    Chris LeDoux- Whatcha Gonna Do With A Cowboy
    Hank Williams III- P.F.F.
    As far as metal- Anything Pantera, Down, Metallica or Exhorder
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I usually listen to Pandora's "Hip Hop and Pop Power Workout" or "Country Fitness" stations. I find "Titanium"- By David Guetta (featuring Sia) is a motivating song, "Sexy Chick"-David Guetta, and "So Close"-Calvin Harris. I like Pitbull too :)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I listen to Pandora on my phone, there is a great channel called "workout" and it plays the best and most motivating songs!
  • TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    This song always pumps me up!!!
    I just hit shuffle and see what comes on... although I was struggling on the treadmill the other day and 'Eye of the Tiger' came on... couldn't help smiling through the last Kilometre of the run! :laugh:
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    it varies on my mood! But some of my go-tos are: 311, Deftones, Rob Zombie, Metallica, Hed Pe, No Doubt, Pepper, Sublime, Rebelution, The Expendables... I could go on for days, I love music :)
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I usually listen to Pandora's "Hip Hop and Pop Power Workout" or "Country Fitness" stations. I find "Titanium"- By David Guetta (featuring Sia) is a motivating song, "Sexy Chick"-David Guetta, and "So Close"-Calvin Harris. I like Pitbull too :)

Same.. well, just the Hip Hop and Pop Power Workout... no country for me.
  • leffy05
    Options
    I read an article about a pro bodybuilder who only lifted to rock ballads. I've tried it and I can see why he did it.
  • leffy05
    Options
    David Guetta's music is amazing!
  • leffy05
    Options
    "t varies on my mood! But some of my go-tos are: 311, Deftones, Rob Zombie, Metallica, Hed Pe, No Doubt, Pepper, Sublime, Rebelution, The Expendables... I could go on for days, I love music :)"

I hear ya! I miss being a DJ (10 years). I think every other post of mine on Facebook is about which albums are good or not.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Vocaloid and Jpop. ^_^
  • leffy05
    Options
    I think every time "hate me now- Nas" comes on my phone I want to murder the weights in the gym. I love that song!

I listen to alot of heavy metal with screams, but I usually mix it up with rap and fast paced country, heres some that help me get big lifts

Notorious BIG- Ready to Die
    NAS- Loco-Motive
    NAS- The Don
    GZA the Genius- Liquid Swords
    Bun B- Get Throwed
    Dr. Dre- Next Episode
    Kip Moore- Somethin Bout A Truck
    Aaron Watson- Breaker Breaker One Nine
    Aaron Watson- Real Good Time
    Rhett Atkins- Kiss My Country *kitten*
    Brantley Gilbert- Hell On Wheels
    Chris LeDoux- Whatcha Gonna Do With A Cowboy
    Hank Williams III- P.F.F.
    As far as metal- Anything Pantera, Down, Metallica or Exhorder
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    It's not really workout music, but I LOVE Matt Nathanson. I have just about every single album/single he's released. I like to listen to mellow music when I'm running on the beach in the morning. It seems to complement the serenity of a sunrise on a beach :)
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Someone said something yesterday about "Carry Out" by Justin Timberlake and Timbaland. I found it on youtube and will definitely be adding it to my workout playlist, it is very good!!
  • Katalyst77
    Options
    I like quite a variety. I love Mustard Plug and Eminem for working out,(depending on my mood) but I am also really digging the Lumineers right now, super happy music!!
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Industrial, Punk, Futurepop and EDM. I'm looking to redo my Sansa this weekend/holiday actually and it will probably go all industrial/electro. I end up skipping through a lot of stuff right now because it's too mellow... that's what my phone is for. ;P
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    For my runs I really like Sixx AM, Ozzy, Foo Fighters, The Offspring, and Rob Zombie (only the non-screaming ones though).

Oh my gosh, we must be soulmates! This is EXACTLY what I have on my current 5k playlist.