$30 to spend at Target...Exercise gear suggestions?

Options
So I got a pull up bar for christmas and realized there is no way in hell my door frame will hold it. So i'm taking it back tonight most likely and I'm thinking I'll put the $30 toward something different that will aid me in my weight loss journey...looking for suggestions?

I don't want to put any extra cash in so it needs to be under $30. I already have weights so I'm not worried about those...

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Jump rope and 10 gatorades
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    leotard?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    do you have a food scale?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Digital food scale and a mini-blender.

ETA: JULES! Beat me to it! :)
  • EddieG43
    Options
    Ever think of trying kettlebells? May have to spend a little more but well worth it....also a jump rope is awesome and cheap.....Gold's Gym puts out resistant band 3 pack that is also great....$15 or so

Good luck!!
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You can use Dumb Bells instead of kettle bells & they're more versatile so don't spend the money on Kettle bells. I love Jillians no more trouble zones if you need a workout DVD idea... otherwise, bands are ok b/c you can use those traveling (however I do all body weight workouts when i'm traveling - pushups, jump squats, burpees, plank jacks, etc) or just spend the money on new workout clothes
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Food scale or resistance bands (not sure how much bands are... maybe too expensive?)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Foam roller
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Foam roller

That's a good one, MB!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Foam roller

That's a good one, MB!

Thanks! So useful! My son even uses ours...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Moisture wicking t-shirts.
  • swanarae
    Options
    I have the gold's gym resistance tubes, and they are great! only about $15
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    forgive me as I'm somewhat illiterate when it comes to exercise equipment...

how do you use resistance bands? also what's the purpose of the foam roller?

I already have a food scale, dumbells, and workout clothes.
  • abetterluke
    Options
    I have a jump rope already too
  • abetterluke
    Options
    leotard?

Win. Pics to come soon.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Target has decent, cheap gym clothes. If you are stocked up on those, I would spent it on coffee beans. The drink the coffee before going to the gym. LOL
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    resistance bands: use instead of hand weights. Some exercise DVD's use them
    foam roller: used to roll away the pain from tight muscles. Especially good for the IT band (outside of legs). I use it for my sciatica. But while they do help it hurts like hell while you are doing it. LOL. I call mine my pillar of pain.

I guess if you are interested in DVD workouts check out what they have but if your Target has groceries how about just spending it on some healthy food. After the last 27 days of holiday food fest I know my pantry can use some restocking.

Have fun shopping!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Workout clothes.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Not directly fitness related, but I'd pick up a couple of jugs of Tide Sport. That's the only detergent that gets the funk out of my gym clothes.
  • abetterluke
    Options
    resistance bands: use instead of hand weights. Some exercise DVD's use them
    foam roller: used to roll away the pain from tight muscles. Especially good for the IT band (outside of legs). I use it for my sciatica. But while they do help it hurts like hell while you are doing it. LOL. I call mine my pillar of pain.

I guess if you are interested in DVD workouts check out what they have but if your Target has groceries how about just spending it on some healthy food. After the last 27 days of holiday food fest I know my pantry can use some restocking.

Have fun shopping!

I get so little money throughout the year for extra stuff that I'd rather spend it on something fun (or fitness related) than food...I'm thinking actually that I might get a workout game for the kinect. It's a tool I have yet to really utilize.