Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HELLP!

I can never convince myself to get back on track. I lost 80 pounds before, college started and I gained 20 of it back. Does anyone know of ways to convince myself to stop eating as much as I do? I think I tend to do it out of boredom. I'm tired of feeling as icky as I do and I want to get back on the right path.

Also, feel free to add me.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    No one can convince you... its up to you to get back on track.
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    No one can convince you, you have to want to do it. If it's out of boredom, you have to find something to do with your hands. When I quit smoking I had that problem, I ate sunflower seeds, did jigsaw puzzles (time flies), did crossword puzzles or cleaned. For my mouth I chewed gum or sucked on hard candy. Just do anything rather than eat, but if it was that easy, we would all be skinny. Try to make good choices and exercise, hopefully that will become a habit rather then eating. Good luck
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,722 Member
    then stop eating out of boredom. Find something else to do.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    No one can do it for you! Work on your habits and make sure that everything you eat is planed and has a purpose/name. (eg. Breakfast, morning snack, lunch, pre-workout or post workout, etc…) Also add a list of “additional” to your diary, that way you can check your logs at the end of the week and notice patterns or things that you've been indulging on; that way you can decide to stop eating them. Don’t let anything by chance and always be aware of your choices. Good luck! You can do it!
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Why do you want to get back on track? Then use this reason to motivate yourself to succeed and build goals for yourself :) Simple!
  • skyttles
    skyttles Posts: 33 Member
    As everyone else said it does have to be your choice, no one else is going to be able to help convince you. That being said I have a couple tricks i use to help convince myself to stay on track that i'll share with you. (Note these are great to help maintain not so much as an initial kick...) Maybe doing some of these can help you too! I keep a picture on my fridge, the inside of the pantry, and the microwave of myself at a smaller size (and one of a body I'd love to have that isn't' mine!) to make me stop and think before i snack. I buy healthy and pack healthy foods so that i don't have as much of an opportunity to eat unhealthy. I have print outs of quick workouts that i keep in different spots around the house to remind me to be active. (example: in the bathroom i have a note to do 20 squats & lunges) I drink a ton of water & tea ( i use to hate it but i equate it with a healthy lifestyle and i find i make better food choices when i drink a lot, i'm also becoming fond of it ... go figure) On days when i'm having a super hard time being motivated i wear a rubber band and snap it when i start to make unhealthy choices.
    Best of luck to you!
  • prokomds
    prokomds Posts: 318 Member
    No one else can convince you to change except you :)

If snacking is your problem, you could try and pick your mealtimes, and don't let yourself eat any other times? That could be two meals a day, it could be five, but if you stick to it you'll be eating because it's planned, not because you're bored. And if you have the time to be bored, you have the time to do other things. If you could go for a walk or do some exercises in front of your couch when you're bored, not only are you avoiding the food calories, you're burning some. I think everyone can find the ways that allow them to be successful, you just have to recognize that you are in control of your body and the food you eat. Best of luck!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    No one can convince you... its up to you to get back on track.

^^That.

And if you wanna eat more, that's fine. Workout more then you can eat more.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    When you find yourself wanting to eat; get out of the house....

Go for a walk, go for a bike ride, go for a jog or a hike, go to a class at the gym (spinning, kick boxing, zumba, try something new)

You can do it...but only YOU can make the change...YOU have to WANT to make the change....you CAN however, do it!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    As everyone has said its up to you babe. What is important to you?