Wines?

Options
Let me start by saying this - I am not a wine person at all, a friend of mine wants me to try wines so they are willing to send me some. I just got one in the mail today called Poker Face from Prairie Berry. I have no clue what the calorie count is and I'm struggling to find any information other than what the website is telling me, which is little to nothing. It appears to be a white wine, does anyone know the calorie count on these things?

Replies

• 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    it is in the food database... look it up by the type (white wine, rose wine, red wine, etc). White wine is clear, red is, well, red, and rose looks like a clear-ish red. :) I prefer white and when I put it in I type in White Wine.... it may vary but only by a few calories. Besides the average serving size is 5-6 oz.
  • prokomds
    prokomds Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Yeah, there are generic entries in the database for "white wine" or "red wine," etc, and somewhat more specific entries for types of wine (merlot, bordeaux, chardonnay, so forth). Probably the most important thing is to have an accurate idea of how much you're consuming - a "serving" of wine is less than a lot of people might think. Generally speaking, you're almost never going to find exact types of alcohol on here, you just have to settle for picking a calorie count for the type of thing it is
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    if you want an exact number then you might have to either call the winery. Having never heard of it - (i'm a wine drinker) i googled it to learn it's a semi sweet pear blend white so if you just want to estimate how many calories then i would use arbor mist pear white wine. it's pretty high in calories (150) but better to use a higher calorie wine than something that's lower and end up drinking more calories than you think.
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. Appreciate it.