Multi Vitamin

Options
I'm currently taking womens one a day-active body and mind. I was thinking about switching to one a day-metabolism. So I googled it and the only diff is the Metabolism has less vitamin E and a little less caffeine. I guess I'll just stay with what I have. Maybe I should switch to prenatals? Hummm?

So what vitamin do you take? Is there any type of vitamin that aids in weight control or loss?

Replies

• PinguimPraiero
    PinguimPraiero Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yes, the B-complex vitamins work in that department.
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    I think the one you are taking right now is fine. Just remember.....If you take more than your body needs, you will just urinate it out. That is kind of a waste of money:)
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    The B-complex vitamins are wonderful for moods:)
  • tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    The B-complex vitamins are wonderful for moods:)

Hmmm sounds like something I need to look into! LOL

I'm just on Women's One a Day. I was looking into the Metabolism, but the only difference is the caffeine? I'm afraid that might not work for me . . . I dont want the "jitters".
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    The prenatals contain a lot of iron which can be toxic...also, you body does not eliminate vitamins A, D, E and K...they are fat-soluble.

A doctor also told me about B stress vitamin complex (has to have C and E in it) with 1 to 2 mg of folate...effects the nervous system and improves mood.
  • balance9
    balance9 Posts: 160
    Options
    I know its a pain, but the best way to take vitamins is to split them up, at least twice a day. Most of the antioxidant vitamins are only biologically active for a few hours. Also, the water soluble vitamins aren't stored, so they are best split up as well. I take Alive multivitamin, 1 in the morning and 2 at night (a serving is 3 tabs). I should take 1 in the morning, 1 at lunch, 1 at night but would probably not remember to do that. I like Alive because it is made from whole foods; not synthetic stuff.
  • NMorse1907
    NMorse1907 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm taking the One-a-Day Women's Weight Smart...I definitely think it helps :0)
  • auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Forgive my ignorance, but is there actually a bottle of vitamins called B Stress, or something similar? Do they work? I seriously need some help in that department, but have never heard anything other than take B vitamins, not which ones, doses, anything. I'd love to be able to get one bottle with all the needed B's for depression and/or stress.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Forgive my ignorance, but is there actually a bottle of vitamins called B Stress, or something similar? Do they work? I seriously need some help in that department, but have never heard anything other than take B vitamins, not which ones, doses, anything. I'd love to be able to get one bottle with all the needed B's for depression and/or stress.

I purchase mine at Walgreen's and they are called B stress complete; but, you have to add the additional folate 1-2 mg/day...ask the pharmacist for help if you need help with adding miligrams
  • juniperbug12
    Options
    http://jparadis2.qhealthbeauty.com/products/product.aspx?itemno=105481

here is a link to a great women's supplement! You can email me at jenniferparadis84@yahoo.com if you have any questions, just copy and paste the link in your browser