Eating for Life

Options
Has anyone read the book "Eat for Life?" I bought it on Friday night & am loving it. So far I think I have dropped 5#...maybe, that was from 2 different scales, so later this week I will double check on the same scale.

Replies

• balance9
    balance9 Posts: 160
    Options
    Is it "Eating for Life" by Bill Phillips (the Body for life guy?) If so, I have read it and like it. It is mainly a recipe book (albeit the recipes are super-simple). Really liked Body for Life too.
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Love the Eating for Life recipes!!!
  • yoopergirl
    yoopergirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Oops! Yes it is "Eating for Life" by Bill Phillips. I am really loving the recipes that I have read...now just need to get to the store to buy what I forgot over the weekend. I wasn't really thinking at the store & forgot stuff for "midmorning/midafternoon" meals. Got fruit, but no cottage cheese for the protein. Stopping by today.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that cookbook!! I followed his plan to a T a few years ago. Now I have modified it but basically follow what he says!
  • dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I followed his body for life and eating for life plan and lost 15 pounds about 2 years ago. I fell off the wagon when I had a major health catastrophe aftter that. I have had a hard time reprioritizing health and fitness over fun and celebration...but have quasi returned to the plan and lost about 5 pounds.

The eating for life is really easy to modify to your own tastes by simpling doing a carb and protein each the size of your hand five times a day. It is really about balance and portion control.