Xmas weight gain!! water weight?!

Options
So, weigh in is tomorrow morning. Im expecting to have gained atleast 5lbs. Am I right in assuming some of this will be excess water? if so, how long until I get an 'accurate' weigh in??

Replies

• gimmegimmemoar
    gimmegimmemoar Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Why not wait a week? Thats what I am doing! I know I didnt eat like a lunatic, but I'd rather see the scale go down than up!
  • jaye91emily
    jaye91emily Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I always weigh on Fridays :-) I did eat like a lunatic- but hoping seeing the scales will give me the motivation to get right back on track
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Give yourself some time and I'm guessing here but possibly next week you'll have a better if not more an accurate weigh-in. I over ate prior to / and the day of Christmas Day, I expected a gain of 5lbs or more. My weigh-in day was the day after Christmas (Wed.) thankfully it was only a 2lb. gain?! I drink a lot of water so who knows, maybe some of it was water. As it could be for you. Hang in there, you're doing Great per your pics so far :smile:
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    IM GUESSING ITS MOSTLY WATER RETENTION! im sure we all over did it in sodium and what not... im a scale addict, so i weighed myself christmas NIGHT! i was up 8 pounds, by the next morning, down 4 from that, still leaving me up 4, by today, im down 2 more, leaving me only up 2 from my pre-christmas weight... and im guessing the majority of that will be gone by saturday!