Xmas weight gain!!

Options
So, weigh in is tomorrow morning. Im expecting to have gained atleast 5lbs. Am I right in assuming some of this will be excess water? if so, how long until I get an 'accurate' weigh in??

Replies

• btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself last night...+3 pounds. Kinda expected it. O well, tis the season.
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I was at my grandmas from sunday through weds and expected a 5lb weight gain. Much to my surprise on Weds night when i got home, I was only up 3.5lbs. This morning I am down almost to what I was down to last friday before the holiday feeding frenzy started (my mom came down). My family is a bunch of foodies, and while i resisted for the most part in gorging myself, i did partake of the age old ritual of sitting at the dinner table at 7 or so and munching on goodies with grandpa the last night there. Even if I gain weight in the short run cause of it, I refuse to regret it since my grandpa won't be around forever. The holiday season does only come once a year, and I know i can fix the 'damage' done from it. So what if your up a smidge after spending time with your fam and eatting tasty treats, just get back on track once its done and its all good imho.
    oh and so far this month, everytime theres been a blip in the radar from parties, it takes me a few days to a week at the most to get back on track weight wise. Chances are its just water weight at this time.
  • maggiemay22467
    maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Christmas weight gain for me was 2 pounds.
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Do you know for sure if you're up? I told myself I was going to gain a few pounds ( I was hosting AND cooking ) since I gained 3 at Thanksgiving. I humbly stepped on the scale yesterday morning.. and I was down a pound. Don't beat yourself up until you know for sure.