"Almost" Overweight

kelli_panzera
kelli_panzera Posts: 171
edited September 20 in Success Stories
HAHAHAHA!! I am .9 away from being overweight! Should I be so excited? Overweight sounds so much better than that other word-OBESE. You know, i'd rather have somebody call me fat all day, obese makes me feel horrible about myself. But so does carrying around all this extra weight. Every time the doctor frowns and says, "You're obese" I feel humiliated, like I am a failure and should go bury my head in the sand. Well pretty soon when he tells me i'm overweight i'm going to be jumping up and down for joy and he's not gonna have a clue! Keep up the good work everybody!!

Replies

• Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Well Congratulations on soon becoming overweight! :happy:

(lots of us here totally understand you!) :wink:
  • congratulations! and just keep chuggin' along!:happy:
  • THANK YOU!! Thanks a million, because if I didn't have all the motivational posts and tickers to keep me going, I would just think "I will never be able to do this" and quit. It's all you guys out there that keep me going, so thank you and thanks for letting me share my excitement :bigsmile:
  • PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Congrats!!! I completely understand I am 8 lbs from being "over weight" than obese!!!
  • That's funny that you write this... I feel the same way! It's even a goal in my sig line. Good luck on becoming "overweight"!!
  • Dumb double post!
  • And one day your doctor will say "You are at a healthy weight" and you'll say "YES!" and you'll dance around singing the star spangled banner.
  • I remember that day. My husband thought I was crazy because I was screaming I am overweight now and I was sooooooooooo happy! I have 10 pounds left till I am considered healthy weight and I know when that happens I will be on cloud nine!

Congratulations!!!! Best of luck to you!!!!!!!:drinker:
  • That is an awesome achievement! Way to go!!!!! And I think it sounds wonderful. It's definitely something I look forward to. You're right- obese is one of the ugliest words in the english language, and makes you feel horrible about yourself. At least your doctor tells you... the first time I ever realized I was obese was by sneaking a peak at my chart when the doc was out of the room. I remember it was such a terrible feeling that the bottom felt like it had dropped out of my stomach. It makes it worse because, to this day, no one has ever told me I'm obese, so it makes it feel like a big hush-hush secret. Like it's so terrible the word can't even be said.

Anywho... just wanted to applaud your success! It's wonderful!!! Congrats :drinker:
  • I can't wait til I get to that point! Whenever I step on the wii fit and see "obese" it makes me mad! I HATE that word. The sad thing is before I got this heavy I used to picture obese as being REALLY big. I never thought that I would get into the obese category. When I packed on the pounds I knew I was fat, but I never considered myself obese. Then when I found out that I was in that category it made me really upset.

I can't wait to drop down into the "overweight" category. Haha never thought I'd say that I wanted to be overweight!!!!! But one step at a time!
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    OMG You are SO on target!!!!!!!! I recently became "overweight" and had to rejoice with myself figuring no one else would understand... I know I have to continue to keep my eye on the target, but I like to celebrate the milestones.
    GIANT CONGRATS to you, and I hope you will post when you "break the barrier". :drinker:
  • bennettv
    bennettv Posts: 152 Member
    Thanks for the post. It made me wonder where I am. I have 13 pounds to get to overweight and I've already lost 15. YIKES! Because I eat healthy food and lead an active life my doctor always just says losing 20 pounds would decrease most disease risks for me -- don't know that I'd go back to a doctor that made me feel bad. Although, now that I'm eating the right portion of healthy food I feel much better about myself.

You must feel amazing! Great job!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    I was in the doctor's today and realized I'm in the healthy weight range. I haven't been there in so long. I'm still a little ways from my goal but it feels so good that the doctor can't nag me about my weight anymore. :)
  • lwbrozek
    lwbrozek Posts: 4 Member
    That's great! I still have a couple of lbs to go before I'm there too. I too am looking forward to getting there.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Congratulations! It won't be long now, maybe a week and you will watch the BMI drop below that dreaded 30.0. Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • cfischer81
    cfischer81 Posts: 111 Member
    That's funny, I was just talking to my husband about this last week. I can't wait til I'm "overweight" too! :laugh: Keep up the good work!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!