weights and cardio for overall health

Options
hello there. i just joined this group and would like to share my story. i have been working out for many years and grew from a skinny teenager to a big muscular man thanks to weight training and protein supplements. nothing new about that. up until a month and a half ago i considered myself to be very fit. i got a lipid profile and liver function test done and i was shocked to see the results. everything was in excess. that was because i had always believed in eating as much as i could and weight train which is ok while u r young but as u touch 30s things start to change. so i changed my diet by limiting my calorie intake and incorporating cardio exercises in my workout. i must say that my cardio was so weak when i started that i would run for 500 metres and get breathless. but i kept going on. its been a month now. i can run for 30 mins on level 10 on the treadmill now and m starting to feel better. i dont get breathless doing the usual stuff. and more importantly i can sleep better now.