sit down workouts

Options
hey guys. trying to lose some major weight but willing to take my time(easier said than done to be patient) one of my feet is messed upso have to stay off of it as far as the walking running and jogging for fitness right now. So, I started lifting light weights at home. I'm not to the point where I can do a push up yet.(far from it). anybody got any gradual stuff I can do to get that far? I been out of the loop for a while.

beggs

Replies

• Sarahsue94
    Options
    Do you have any equipment such as bands or dumbbells?
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    If you're interested in doing pushups, this site might help. http://scoobysworkshop.com/zero-to-100-pushups-for-complete-beginners/

Do a search for exercises you can do on the floor. Leg lifts with bare feet, then add shoes when those get easy, then add some kind of weight when that gets easy. I'm not a fan of crunches or situps but if you like them, then go for it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Look up chair exercises.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • beggarseam
    Options
    yes, I've being using 2 pound neoprene weights from wal-mart i also have 2.5 slidable strap on weights for later on.
  • a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options
    i sit and do bicep curls with my 5kg dumbell while replying to threads on here.

i feel ive fully mastered the one-handed-typing :smile:
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options

Must. Not. Reply. :laugh:
  • a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options

Must. Not. Reply. :laugh:

haha, awesome! didn't even see that! :bigsmile: :sad:
  • beggarseam
    Options
    ya'll are nasty...funny, but nasty
  • beggarseam
    Options
    but seriously, I looked at the scooby website and it has a section that I like, for working around injuries.

haven't found a chair exercise website that I like yet, but I haven't have too much time to spend on it yet as I had some things I had to get done...but I plan to get back to that tonight when I get home. Thanks guys.

beggs.