week 2 in the aircast with my stress fracture- why do I stil

Options
Hi guys,
I was finally diagnosed with a Jones fracture, Ive probably had it for several months since the marathon. It felt good to finally know why I am hurting, but why am I still in so much pain with this air cast on? it's been 2 weeks, I haven't been doing any weight bearing exercises although the Dr did not put me on crutches. I haven't ran much at all in the last couple of months. The pain is pretty constant, not unbearable just there and throbbing along with shin splints. is this normal? I'm hoping ya'll can chime in if you have been there, It's got me discouraged.
I just pray that it is healing.

Replies

• maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    It can hurt until week 6 or 8, immobilized..... doesn't make it any easier to stomach, but helps to know what to expect.... glad it's not unbearable, but sure hope it starts feeling better and I am really glad they finally figured out what is wrong!!!! Good luck with the healing!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    How are you feeling? Have you had a chance to talk with your doc to see if you're supposed to be hurting at this point? That's what they're there for..... sending you good thoughts, and hope you're feeling better and starting to heal.

:flowerforyou: :smile: