WOOF! ARF!! BARK!! All mean I LOVE YOU!

Options
MochaMixAZ
MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
We are the crazy dog family. I admit it freely, and I know we are not alone. We spend more on them than we do ourselves. We call them our children. If my house was burning down and I could rescue my dogs or all my money - we'd be poor with pooches.

Tell me a little about your furry friends and why you wouldn't trade their antics for anything in the world. Here's a little about mine:

- They are the best workout buddies ever. They NEVER cancel, don't know the meaning of "too tired," they are creatures of habit and DRAG my sorry butt outta bed when I don't feel like I want to bother.
- They communicate better than most of my family and half of my friends. They instantly know when I'm happy, sad, depressed, excited... and know exactly how to respond.
- They never fail to greet me with unbound enthusiasm. Pure love in 80 pound, wagging whirlwinds.
- They both sleep in our bed, always have, always will. Paws up. Snoring. Somehow... they make it adorable.
- They have unique personalities and traits that are endearing. Beans is neurotic and bone obsessed. Kashi is a lover and wants nothing more than to be NEAR... this usually means in physical contact or on top of you. Crushingly. At all times.
- They are protective of our entire family, our friends, and our house. You're either part of the pack... or you're not welcome.
- They are the best copilots. "Who wants to go for a ride?!" is met with a race to the door, knocking out anything it their way. Then, patient waiting with noses stuffed in the door threshold and tails spinning.
- They help me slow down and enjoy the little things. Since they've come into my life, I've learned to appreciate the wonders of a good toy, a warm snuggle, a fuzzy blanket, and a tasty morsel.
- They make me laugh. Every day.

Oh, and we also have two meow meows... admittedly, they get second billing. But we love them, too!

Kashi - downsized_0728121007_zpsaf785762.jpg

Cozumel007_zps51bd3787-1_zps86668df3.jpg

Beans - 11059_zpsdc5b7d09.jpg

P7240100_zpsfa957bce-1_zps12780202.jpg

Replies

• KamalBhai
    KamalBhai Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yours seems to be a dog lover family.....no doubt pets are treated as family members in most of the families. And you really doing good with your pets. :)

Unfortunately we don't have any pets. We do have couple of fishes in our Aquarium though. :)
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    1. he once flooded my house by turning on the kitchen faucet while we were not home.
    2. he used my grandmas antique curio cabinet at a chew toy.
    3. he tore up my couch and would routinely hump the couch cushions.
    4. he peeled up the laminate flooring in the kitchen.
    5. he ate my diamond earing.
    6. would routinely get explosive diarrhea.
    7. he could escape from his kennel...actually bust open the latch.

Love? not so much...
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Beans looks like a total head case in that last picture! Haha!

I do not currently have any pets due to my lifestyle (too hard for pets to have an owner that it gone from the home 13 hours a day). But as soon as I can I am going to get a pup. I love dogs. :)
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    My ex has this bumper sticker on his truck " The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!" it is such a true statement.

I currently don't have a dog, but can't wait until I get to have one again. I am gone too much and think it would be mean to keep a dog cooped up for most of the day while I am away at work.
    So I make do with a snake for now.