Is Turbo Jam Worth Buying?

Options
I have always seen Turbo Jam on the TV infomercials and I would love to try it out. It seems to be just my style. But I dont want to waste my money on it if theres something better out there or if its just lame. Any suggestions?

Replies

• mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    It depends what you're "style" is? A friend of mine has the TJ DVDs and didn't like them at all so let me borrow them for the time being. So far I'm really digging them but I definitely wouldn't do them everyday (the instructor is kinda too big of an air head for me to watch daily :laugh: ), I use them when I can't get to the gym. I haven't even done all of the different routines yet but I have definitely burned a lot of cals and have felt my muscles being sore afterwards so I'm assuming it's working. The routines are upbeat and a little dancey. If you like that kind of stuff and are a fast learner then I'm sure you'll like them. I'm a fast learner and still struggle from time to time with what the heck they're doing. Then again I don't do them everyday so maybe it I did I'd have caught on by now.

I'm not sure how much they cost (since I borrowed them) so I can't determine whether or not it's a good buy. What are they charging on the infomercial?
  • rkascak
    rkascak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Online its about $70. But I was also wondering if there are any other work out programs that are really good?

P.S. Go steelers
    Love the banner mszSHOGAN
  • Sweatin
    Sweatin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I bought Turbo Jams about a year ago, and I love it. It's fun, upbeat and gives you variety. I use it when I cant get to the gym, which has been often lately thanks to wonderful Nebraska Winters. I remember it was a littly pricey when I purchased it but I have gotten my money out of it. It came with a 20 minute cardio, great when your short on time. It really pushes you, and gets the heart rate up. I did the 45 minute cardio party last night, and had sore muscles this morning, abs, shoulder and lower back muscles. I get my heart rate higher doing this for 45 minutes though then I do when I do 60 minutes on the Elliptical Trainer. My 9 year old step daughter does the 20 minute with me every once in a while, she can't keep up or complete it though, she dances during most of it. The music is great,the instructer has alot of energy and there's real people(not size 0). I cant tell you enough, I love it. I also bought Tony Hortons 10 minute trainer, and never use it. He is broing to watch, and I lost interest pretty quick, along with about $100.00.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Personally if I were going to buy it I wouldn't spend $70 on it, to be honest. I don't really do a lot with DVDs at this stage in the game but I've heard wonderful things about P90X (supposed to be worth the money) as well as Slim in 6 (I think it's called). Oh yea and Jillian Michael's DVDs too. Those are the only ones coming to mind that I've heard about.

I didn't even look at your profile and see you're a yinzer too....SWEET! Where do you live?