Hands up if you ate 6,000 calories on Christmas Dinner Day

Options
According to Halfords (and the Daily Mail), the "average person" consumes 6,000 calories on Christmas (Dinner) Day.

Hands up if your "portion control" includes a 1,500 kcal Christmas Dinner (British Heart Foundation warns about it being 660 kcal on average), consider "champagne" as meaning a whole bottle, and "glass of red wine" meaning a pint of wine.

Also, hands up if you burned close to zero calories on Christmas (Dinner) Day by some form of manipulating the fabric of space-time or visiting another plane of existence between meals, requiring you to "cycle 2,177 laps of the Olympic Velodrome" after returning to Earth to "burn off those calories".

Halfords cycle manager: "It was amazing to find the lengths you have to go to, to burn off your Christmas dinner."
Me: "It was amazing to find the lengths you have to go to, to make up numbers to sell bikes."

Personally? I estimated my Christmas dinner as 850 calories, the Christmas pudding as 400 calories, and 150 ml of double cream. All overestimates or 'about right' with a total for the day of about 3,654 kcal. Did my morning walk, walked to the parents, estimated deficit for the day was 965 calories and I was stuffed.

I'm not sure I could have eaten another 2,346+ calories to reach the "average" consumption, nor eaten another 4,308 calories on top of that to reach the 6,000 calorie surplus Halfords' "study" used as the baseline for the amount of exercise needed "for burning of the extra Christmas calories".

Replies

• Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Holy moly that is a lot. I had Christmas lunch AND Christmas dinner, and wouldn't have got anywhere even close to that!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    3350 when I stopped counting

I am 5'2, female and normally have a small apatite

To be fair a good 1000 calories was from alcohol.

NO REGRETS!

I normally don't even come close to that amount !
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Not even close. My whole day was 2600 calories and I burnt about 770 that night
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I ate like 2000 something calories and took naps!
  • rolandgaspar
    Options
    I ate beyond well and didn't even bust 2000... but, I don't count booze :p

edit... scale didn't really budge, might have had something to do with the 45cm of snow I shoveled in a 24hr timeframe ;)
  • conorpatmanCHANGED
    conorpatmanCHANGED Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Yup, probably between 6,000 and 7,000. didn't log
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    my whole day was about 4100. including everything i put in my mouth 1800 cal. in cookies alone. But 6000 wowowowowowow. no way I could have gotten there. I was sickish by the time i went to bed
  • m_shuman
    m_shuman Posts: 179
    Options
    I don't count calories on Christmas, thanksgiving or at DH's office party. I can tell you that I am pretty sure I did not eat 6,000 calories.