working out to much?

Options
So i only do about 30 minutes of cardio each day, but i keep my heartrate at about 65% to be in my fat burning zone, so not really cardio but more aerobic, and i switch it up everyday between walking up hill, eliptical, cycling, jogging. I also do anywhere from 30-45 minutes of weight training. Each day i work different muscle groups so by the time i get back to the same muscle group its been 2-3 days of rest for those muscles. Am i on the right track or am i working out to much?

Replies

• ractayjon
    Options
    this seems perfect to me. good job!
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    Sounds great, pretty close to what I do as well. I workout 5-6 days a week at the gym 40 mins of cardio each time. Then about an hour of weights. I take 2 rest days and do yoga at home on those days.
  • jenners22
    Options
    That sounds very smart. You've got a good system in place. This is all about changing your life and some people start and they workout for 2 hours a day...but in real life, two hours is a lot of time. I think with your 30-45 minute routine you will be able to maintain that.

Good for you! :happy:
  • abbie38
    abbie38 Posts: 128
    Options
    I think it all depends on how you feel too. when I started working out, all I could do was 3x a week, 30 minutes a day. Now I'm doing 15 hours a week (also a fitness instructor) and I feel good. I take one day a week to rest, and keep my activity up the other days. It sounds like what you are doing is just fine :)
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    You should also vary your intensity so you are working all your muscle fibers. Besides, you'll burn more calories (and therefore more fat overall), if you work out more intensely. The "Fat Burning Zone" is a big myth and has people all over the world not getting the most from their exercise because they aren't working out hard enough.
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    :wink: Sounds great. Keep up the good work.
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    When I went to a gym I did the same thing!! I think you are doing fine!
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan! Variety is the spice of life & working out!! :bigsmile: :drinker:

Pay attention to your body though, and take note of any pains that may appear.
    SHOES are very important! I was over-doing it in aerobic kick boxing & zumba classes.

I didn't stop when some minor pains developed in feet & knees..... now HIPS are really hurting.
    I think the pain started when my shoes were worn out & I didn't replace them right away! :grumble: :noway:
  • kristen4142
    Options
    Thanks everyone, to some comments i not only do aerobic but i do cardio as well, i'm training for the reach the beach cycle ride that is 80 some odd miles so i'm definitely getting cardio in there as well three times a week! ;)
  • jenners22
    Options
    Thanks everyone, to some comments i not only do aerobic but i do cardio as well, i'm training for the reach the beach cycle ride that is 80 some odd miles so i'm definitely getting cardio in there as well three times a week! ;)

Don't forget...lots of stretching and get in some resistance training as well. Women really need to lift weights to increase their bone density....wolff's law.