Diet Devotion - March 14-15

Options
March 14
Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Will the diet ever end? That question gets asked an awful lot. What starts out as a good idea soon becomes torture. Giving up seems to be such a good idea. It's at those times that we need the most strength. We need something to pull us through the really tough times. The love of God is just what we need. God will give us strength and courage and will help us fight off the temptation to quit. Call upon the Lord, and He will uphold you, He will strengthen you, He will stay with you, no matter how tough the diet gets.
Today's thought: If I can make it through the tough times, I can make it through anything!

David had never been able to stick to a diet. He had tried a number of times, but nothing seemed to help him lose weight. Then he met Jennifer. She was cute, and friendly, and thin. David was suddenly more ashamed of the way he looked than he had ever been before. He began a new diet, and this one worked. David's whole personality changed. He gained a new confidence and strength of will. What we struggle with at one point becomes easy when we receive the right incentive. With God as our incentive, we can do wonders. Without God, we are helpless. With God, we can do all things.
Today's thought: I will make sure to keep God close by all day!
~crosswalk.com, daily devotional for dieters

Replies

• PammyB3130
    PammyB3130 Posts: 203
    Options
    March 14
    Isaiah 41:10
    Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Will the diet ever end? That question gets asked an awful lot. What starts out as a good idea soon becomes torture. Giving up seems to be such a good idea. It's at those times that we need the most strength. We need something to pull us through the really tough times. The love of God is just what we need. God will give us strength and courage and will help us fight off the temptation to quit. Call upon the Lord, and He will uphold you, He will strengthen you, He will stay with you, no matter how tough the diet gets.
    Today's thought: If I can make it through the tough times, I can make it through anything!

David had never been able to stick to a diet. He had tried a number of times, but nothing seemed to help him lose weight. Then he met Jennifer. She was cute, and friendly, and thin. David was suddenly more ashamed of the way he looked than he had ever been before. He began a new diet, and this one worked. David's whole personality changed. He gained a new confidence and strength of will. What we struggle with at one point becomes easy when we receive the right incentive. With God as our incentive, we can do wonders. Without God, we are helpless. With God, we can do all things.
    Today's thought: I will make sure to keep God close by all day!
    ~crosswalk.com, daily devotional for dieters
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Thanks Pammy! These are always inspirational and help to keep me going.

I thank God every night for the strength and will to continue on this journey to a healthier me.

I actually think that God is really with me on this because I have stayed on the course since September and have lost a lot of weight. Even though I had a bad week this week...with being SO close to being 200 or under (I was 202 last week and my time of month came two days before I weigh, which led to a 1 lb gain due to water weight!!!), I have NEVER been even slightly tempted to give up. I just keep truckin! I know I will see that 1 in front of my weight soon and God is helping me to keep the confidence.
  • davisgirl72
    Options
    Thank you for posting these devotions on this website. It is wonderful to read the word of God for inspiration and support.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    "With God, we can do all things"

Amen to that! Thanks Pammy.:smile: