My first major NSV !

Options
I am so loving the fact that I can say this now...

I AM NO LONGER A PLUS SIZED WOMAN !!

I haven't been able to say that in over 15 years. Woooohoo!! I went to buy some jeans yday, and got all teary when I realized I was looking at jeans in the regular women's department. Not the Plus Sized, or "WOMENS" or whatever. Then I got really upset because I couldn't find jeans in my size. I can wear a 14Petite now (I'm short, reg's are too long). Of course the store was out of 14P's.. but I tried on a different cut and they fit! I went back to look in the women's plus area, to visit my old jeans. Everything on the shelves *everything* was too big for me!

Replies

• andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Well done, keep up the good work x
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Wahoo!!!
  • Photomandy
    Photomandy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful feeling! Congrats!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Only bad thing about being short.... CONGRATS!!!!!
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Well done, congratulations
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    That's the best feeling ever!! :D Congrats!
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am so loving the fact that I can say this now...

I AM NO LONGER A PLUS SIZED WOMAN !!

I haven't been able to say that in over 15 years. Woooohoo!! I went to buy some jeans yday, and got all teary when I realized I was looking at jeans in the regular women's department. Not the Plus Sized, or "WOMENS" or whatever. Then I got really upset because I couldn't find jeans in my size. I can wear a 14Petite now (I'm short, reg's are too long). Of course the store was out of 14P's.. but I tried on a different cut and they fit! I went back to look in the women's plus area, to visit my old jeans. Everything on the shelves *everything* was too big for me!
    I know exactly how you feel about no longer being a plus sized woman! I was in that neighborhood for a long time, until I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes this past January...on my brother's birthday. My highest weight was at 192, and I wore size 16-18 in slacks while going for XL and 2X shirts and blouses. After the diagnosis, I made lifestyle changes, and today I'm down to 132 pounds! I'm now wearing size 10 slacks and medium blouses and shirts.

Doesn't it feel so good when you don't have to go to the Women's department for clothes? :wink:
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations!

I reached that milestone this year as well, and know EXACTLY how you feel!
  • KarensCanDoIt
    KarensCanDoIt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I felt the same way when I bought my first Misses size 14 in I don't know how many years. It's a wonderful feeling!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!