Starting 30 day shred - 01/01/2013

Options

Replies

• sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I really need to get back on bandwagon so definitely count me in! I was planning to do it again in January anyway and definitely need the motivation :)
  • L_Stradford
    L_Stradford Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I did the 30 DS back in 2010 and completed each level for the entire 30 days. I loved it. I was in a little better shape than now where I attempted to do it earlier this month and was so sore after day 3 that I didn't stick with it and went back to the gym instead.
  • L_Stradford
    Options
    The Shred is so tough for me! I can't do the lunges and have to do girly press ups and still can't do them all!

Plus I can't do it every day - wish I could though!

It was very tough for me too even when I initially did the workout but you can do it! It gets easier every day it's attempted.
  • L_Stradford
    Options
    I'm in! I have had this dvd forever and only done it a couple times. I have been wanting to actually do it for 30 days like your supposed to.

So the dvd has 3 levels and you have to do level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days and then level 3 for 10 days? It wouldn't work to just do level 1 for 30 days?

Yes, it has 3 levels and you are supposed to do each level for ten days. I don't know if you'd get the same exact results doing level 1 for 30 whole days as your body might become familiar with it and stop responding as well as if you switch it up after 10 days on each level. But if you felt like you want to master each level and need to stay on it longer, then I say by all means do it because it can't hurt. I would move at my own pace but try really hard to do the program as recommended.
  • innerbetty
    innerbetty Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I was planning to give it a go again on the first anyways. Hoping to make it through the full thirty days this time. Does everyone go the thirty days in a row or do you give rest days? Aren't you supposed to give yourself a recovery day?
  • innerbetty
    Options
    I'm in! I have had this dvd forever and only done it a couple times. I have been wanting to actually do it for 30 days like your supposed to.

So the dvd has 3 levels and you have to do level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days and then level 3 for 10 days? It wouldn't work to just do level 1 for 30 days?

Yes, it has 3 levels and you are supposed to do each level for ten days. I don't know if you'd get the same exact results doing level 1 for 30 whole days as your body might become familiar with it and stop responding as well as if you switch it up after 10 days on each level. But if you felt like you want to master each level and need to stay on it longer, then I say by all means do it because it can't hurt. I would move at my own pace but try really hard to do the program as recommended.

Each level has three different difficulty levels. Depending on your ability you can push yourself this way through the levels. I plan to start on the easy for 10 days, move to the intermediate for ten and then do the difficult for ten on level one. Then I can do a second round the same way on level two and then on level three. If I find the workouts get too easy I'll adjust but I really want to master the moves with proper form before rushing on to the next level. I know from past experience that I can do some moves on the difficult and some on the intermediate to begin with but things have changed a bit for me since then. I also plan to work up to doing 45 minutes of cardio per day in addition to the shred. And maybe add a 10 minute ab work out on alternating days. (The FIRM's core solution has the three ten minute sets that I actually got motivated enough to do before work at 6 am last year with good results)
  • kanncm
    kanncm Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am in too! I need a change in my routine and I am open to different options. I am even going to start taking a MMA class with my husband(yikes!) but at 32 its time to be in the body I want! Do we post updates on here after each level or just at the end?
  • ELENA_Z
    ELENA_Z Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    im in..!!
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    I'm new here too and the results I've noticed of people of who have done it sound great! I'm in!!!
  • dyuke
    dyuke Posts: 2
    Options
    i started the routine today and i hope i stay motivated to finish it.please keep up with the suggestions.Thanks
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    I'm in! I just bought the DVD today and plan to start tomorrow! So excited!
  • Oddsocks15
    Oddsocks15 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    How heavy are the weights you all using at the start?
  • Oddsocks15
    Oddsocks15 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    How heavy are the weights you all using at the start?
  • veganashley
    veganashley Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!
  • CINNAMON77_00
    CINNAMON77_00 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just did my first day today!! Please count me in!!
  • KJBeltran
    KJBeltran Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day using myfitnesspal. I have been doing 30 day shred for 2 days. Count me in!
  • innerbetty
    Options
    I start with 2 pound weights. I used to do a physical job and found that 2 lbs was tougher than it sounded. As long as you're actually using proper form it's tough in the beginning.
  • sherri33s
    sherri33s Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    count me in. I have done the dvd before but never for the full 30 days
  • MissClassPrissSass
    Options
    I'm all in. I also said I would start in the new year, but then I figured there was no time like the present so I actually completed day one today. this will be my 2nd attempt at this 30 day challenge and I must succeed.
  • onfiresis
    onfiresis Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Just joined a group on here for starting it on the 1st! The more the merrier I'm sure!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10450-30-day-shred-partners