Hi, First Proper Attempt At This FP Method

Options
I have taken the bull by the horns as I am just about fitting into my trousers, I feel slow and unfit. Today I will eat what I have been eating and record it just to see the calories that I have been consuming and then I will stick to the recommended amount of calories to lose. Just a quick question about the water consumption, how much is eight cups/glasses. Anyway, here goes.

Replies

• bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    They are suggesting drinking an 8 ounce glass, 8 times a day. Everyone has an opinion about this. I drink more than this each day. I think if you haven't been drinking water, this is a good goal to try to reach.
  • comraderoy
    Options
    :smile: Thanks bd, I try to drink 3 x 500ml a day but try is the word here. Like everything else I try for a while but here's hoping this time :smile:
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I took the plunge with this a few weeks ago. The calorie counter was an eye opener for me. Now I am trying to find the right mix of exercise and total calories.
  • comraderoy
    Options
    Thanks SL my breakfast came in at over 700 cals, couldn't believe it.......
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Thanks SL my breakfast came in at over 700 cals, couldn't believe it.......
    When you track your food without changing the intake, it's an eye-opener. Good luck with it.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    one cup = 8 fluid ouces = approx 236 ml

Try shooting for more like 4 of those 500ml containers and you'll be closer to where you should be
  • comraderoy
    Options
    Thanks MM that's handy info,,,,,,,,,and I will try.
  • leahestey
    leahestey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You're brave to see how many you really eat. I was too scared so I just started to cut back on the higher calorie things such as having sugar in my tea. I drink about a gallon a day. I figured it out later. It was about 1,000 calories from that. :(