Help!! Are we supposed to eat exercise calories??? Help!!

2»

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Oops, double post!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Jlb ~ That is the only time I see that message too ~ "Only if I'm under 1200 gross calories do I see the message." Just saying it used to be different for me until yesterday. Who knows, maybe a site glitch. :laugh:

Iceprincess ~ Try it out. Complete your entry eating your calories they say to consume but DO NOT add back the exercise calories. For example I will eat 1204 today and not add back my 653 I burned today. I used to see the warning if I didn't eat my 653 back. Yesterday was the first day I did not see it and today it isn't there either. Like I said above maybe a site glitch. Who knows.

All I do know is that everyone is different there is no set formula that will work for everyone. We need to figure out what works for us as individuals.

Off topic: Anyone recommend a whey protein powder? I use to use BeachBody's whey protein powder but need to get some today at GNC.
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    What if you can't eat all of your exercise calories? I'm training for a triathlon and some days I burn in excess of 1500 calories. My daily total is 1680. I try to eat as much nnutritious and calorie dense food as possible, but you can only stuff yourself so full. I just couldn't physically eat any more, and still ended up 1000 calories short of my total goal. Am I screwed?
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    What if you can't eat all of your exercise calories? I'm training for a triathlon and some days I burn in excess of 1500 calories. My daily total is 1680. I try to eat as much nutritious and calorie dense food as possible, but you can only stuff yourself so full. I just couldn't physically eat any more, and still ended up 1000 calories short of my total goal. Am I screwed?

Mr. Cook, what you need is a protein shake and a nap! 1500cal? Wowzers!

This is... okay. It's not great, and you certainly shouldn't do this 2 days in a row... but if there's no way to comfortably eat back your calories, then so be it. Eat healthy foods until you're full, drink some water and call it a night. Have some extra egg whites and veggies with breakfast the next morning to even things out: MFP thinks in terms of days, but your metabolism thinks in terms of 4-6 hour periods. As long as you're getting back as many calories as comfortably possible, you're probably not up you-know-what creek.
This discussion has been closed.