dairy

Options
should i stop eating dairy to see faster results in my weight loss?

Replies

• theGuest
    theGuest Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    should i stop eating dairy to see faster results in my weight loss?
  • shellkas
    shellkas Posts: 45
    Options
    I wouldn't completely stop the diary. It's good for your body. I would go for the low cal snacks like string cheese, skim milk or even 2%. Do you eat yogurt? My snacks times are ALWAYS with a Yoplait Fat Free Fruit Yogurt. I have been on this site for only a week, but I am down 4 lbs just by cutting cals, walking at least 45 mins everyday, water and OOOLONG tea twice a day.

Good luck in your journey!!! :wink:
  • mshunk
    mshunk Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Dairy is actually good for you, and assists in weight loss
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Low fat or non fat dairy actually help weight loss. If you are using whole or 2% you need to slim it down but 3 servings of dairy a day will help. There has been a lot of research in this area and they have found that people that eat more dairy actually expell more fat in their BM than people who eat little or no dairy.

Yogurt is what was mostly used for the research, but they have also run the experiment using nonfat milk.
  • theGuest
    Options
    I have been doing some research on the research on dairy and weight loss, and most of those experiments have been done on animals. Also, the tests run on groups of people have not been controlled but simply an observation of how people eat n general.

I do have low cal yogurt and cheese strings. But I'm not seeing the kind of results i would like. I'm just wondering if i should cut it out entirely.
  • kris23
    kris23 Posts: 44
    Options
    I see a naturalpath and he told me to cut dairy from my diet because its the wrong base. Cows milk is either alkaline or acid base ( I can't remember which one) and the calcium that is absorbed into our body is the other. I cut dairy out of my diet ( I do take multi vitamins) and with no other diet I lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I have completely cut dairy out for a year or so now and I don't miss it, and i have had blood tests done and my body isn't lacking any calcium or vitamin D or anything. In a nutshell, milk is meant for baby cows....to fatten baby cows, whether it be skim or whole.

I am currently doing the Michael Thurman 6 week makeover (have lost 15 pounds in three weeks) and it says no dairy as well.

Hope this helps
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Go to 2424milk.com they suggest3 plus servings a day. Check it out. They have alot of research.
    They say to "milk your diet" lol HTH

:heart: Krystal
  • theGuest
    Options
    Go to 2424milk.com they suggest3 plus servings a day. Check it out. They have alot of research.
    They say to "milk your diet" lol HTH

Of course they do, they want you to buy the milk. I question the motives of Dairy farmers trying to sell you milk.
  • theGuest
    Options
    I see a naturalpath and he told me to cut dairy from my diet because its the wrong base. Cows milk is either alkaline or acid base ( I can't remember which one) and the calcium that is absorbed into our body is the other. I cut dairy out of my diet ( I do take multi vitamins) and with no other diet I lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I have completely cut dairy out for a year or so now and I don't miss it, and i have had blood tests done and my body isn't lacking any calcium or vitamin D or anything. In a nutshell, milk is meant for baby cows....to fatten baby cows, whether it be skim or whole.

I am currently doing the Michael Thurman 6 week makeover (have lost 15 pounds in three weeks) and it says no dairy as well.

Hope this helps

This does help me, thank you!
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Im sure thats not their intent. I dont think "farmers" have any trouble selling milk! Or beef or manure... lol
    Was just trying to help. I found that site pretty interesting althought I rearely drink milk anymore, I do enjoy cheese and yogurt.

:heart: Krystal
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    The research I am talking about was done in sweden using only humans and they actually went through the process of removing the excreted fat from the test subjects bowel movements and found that the people in the study that ate dairy, particularly low fat yogurt lost more fat in a year than those that don't eat or eat very little dairy. They think the reason is that dairy may actually act as a fat absorber in humans.

The researchers have performed the study twice since they did it initially to see if they had the same results and they continue to end up with the same results. They gave the subjects very strict rules on how much dairy they could or could not consume so it was as controlled as a month long study can be.

This discussion falls along the lines of the opinions of those who are reading it, it is similar to the soy vs. dairy discussion. Every choice you make has consequences, both positive and negative, you have to make the choice for yourself what you want to put into your body or not.