Low Carb Diet

I want to loose 30 lbs by my birthday in may and want to try low carb/no carb diet,
has anyone had any success doing this diet?
did you get good results? i also plan on doing zumba 4 days a week for an hr a day
need everyones imput
thanks!

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,128 Member
    Yes it works, just eat at a deficit. Funny how that deficit thing keeps popping up in all diets, it's annoying.:wink:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    What do you think that low carb will do for you that a calorie deficit will not?

When is your birthday?
  • Try reading Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It by Gary Taubes. It's pro-low to no carbs and does a fairly good job of explaining some of the science behind it. Wheat Belly is pretty good too.

I don't eat as much processed carbs anymore after reading those books and I'm probably healthier for it, but I'm not eliminating or limiting fruit/vegetables so... I'm not really a follower.

Taubes does, however, flat out tell you that once you go back to eating carbs you're going to gain it all back... so, what's the point? 30 pounds by your birthday and then 30-40 pounds back on by summer?

Do it the right way. Settle for 15 pounds or something by your birthday and enjoy that it will stay off longer with more reasonable eating adjustments.
  • marathon_mama
    marathon_mama Posts: 150 Member
    yes it works. go to the low carb forum though because you will get slammed on this one.
  • Yes. I my first 50 lbs with Atkins. BUT, you are not advised to start working out until a month (or more) into the program. Low carb= low energy. It does work, but you really have to stick to it, and not cheat often!