How can I possibly weight more.

Options
I had a pretty violent version of the stomach flu and somehow came out weighing more....how is this possible?

Replies

• Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    water and fluid retention......when you are sick your body tries to hold onto everything it can to combat the illness.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    after liquid fasting for ash wednesday, i was up 3 pounds. the number will went back to normal the next day or day after. :) it can be frustrating though, huh?
  • dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Does it really return to normal? It is very frustrating. Interestingly enough, measurement wise, my arms and legs have continued to decrease...but the belly did not as it usually does.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Think about it...when you have a cut or something, it swells due to inflammation. Same deal with what you are describing...your body is producing inflammatory mediators to fight the infection, and along with them comes swelling. I would take your weight being up that you stayed well-hydrated, so good job! It will go down in a bit, and you will have probably even lost because you had such a decreased calorie intake.