WHAT ARE YOUR 2013 NEW YRS RESOLUTIONS

Options
2»

Replies

• The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    To make my goal by my Birthday, August 2nd! So to lose atleast 50lbs! :)
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    1. Do an unassisted Pull-up by the spring equinox.
    2. Run a Half Marathon
    3. Have defined abs by pool season.
    4. Have the best summer ever.

Hopefully I'll have to come up with new goals during the summer.
  • ItCldBeSweet
    ItCldBeSweet Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My new years resolution is to be at least 35 lbs lighter by next Dec. To be more accountable to the food I put in my body, to fit better in my clothes & not hate myself in the mirror & to live life one day at a time!
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    None...just to keep truckin on this OTH and support my MFP friends :wink:
  • MarandaHarvey
    MarandaHarvey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Our 10 yr anniversary is in Dec. 2013 and we are renewing our vows. I would like to lose some weight before then but not putting a # on it :wink:
  • farmboyphotography
    farmboyphotography Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of New Year's resolutions, though - why wait??? But you have to start sometime so I have implemented these changes in the past eight weeks and intend to continue with these things throughout the entire year of 2013. This is a new lifestyle, not a short-term resolution.

1) Consistently logging everything on MFP, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

2) Lift heavy as often as I can in our home gym. That is turning into lifting heavy every Saturday and Sunday and I am trying to lift every other day.

3) I joined Anytime Fitness. I do cardio for 40 minutes on my lunch at work five days a week.

4) Continue wearing my FitBit One 24-7 and start using my Polar HRM for the workouts the FitBit doesnt track well (lifting workouts). Achieve my goals on FitBit's site at least five days a week. By the way... if you are a FitBit user or Anytime Fitness member, if you are an interactive MFP user, feel free to friend me here and/or over at the FitBit site!

5) Run a 5K this year.

6) I told MFP user SMC_Chick that once I can run 30 days in a row (not counting rest days), I want to get a dog to run with me. That may be the best reward from all of these changes, other than being able to keep up with my four kids and just looking and feeling better in 2013!

Its (practically) 2013. Let's party, fitness rock stars!!
  • jessadany
    Options
    My resolutions???? H'm there's so much I want to do....

1. Lose 40 lbs by August
    2. Learn to eat healthy and figure out how to hide healthy food in my families meals ;0)
    3. Gain confidence back (lost confidence when I found the pounds)
    4. Exercise atleast 3-5 times a week
    5. Figure out how to keep up with life LOL
    6. Get finances in order and be more responsible with money
    7. Figure out what I want in life......
    So many more but those others can wait for next new years resolution lol
  • Pattyisgr8
    Pattyisgr8 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My resoultion is to stay comitted, that said there are a few steps to get me there. (1) Enter my food daily, (2) get my cardio in daily, and (3) add some strength training weekly.
    *I'd also love to add running as my cardio once the weather clears up, even if it's just once a week!
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    For the first time in my life I can't say it is to lose weight so I guess keep it off and save money.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Be at my goal weight before the year ends lol.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    To eat more meat! :)
  • ddeyong
    Options
    I never was a big fan of resolutions but times must change:

1. Quit Smoking
    2. Get my HDL/LDLs back to the range that the doctor doesn't talk to me about Lipitor anymore
    3. Help someone else get to where they want to go
  • CherylPierce
    CherylPierce Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I try to only make resolutions I KNOW I can keep. Last year, I resolved to never eat spinach on apple pie. The year before I resolved to not eat mushrooms on cherry ice cream. It's the only way I can be successful at these things.

I do, however, have a few goals for 2013. I would love to eat healthier, exercise regularly, drink less wine (1 glass instead of 2), lose 20 pounds, become a better photographer and remember every birthday in my family this year. I will be spending this weekend thinking through strategies for meeting these goals.
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I don't keep New Year's resolution's so I just resolve to be healthy & fit. :)
  • amomofthree78
    amomofthree78 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well, I have three daughters who look up to me to be their healthy influence, and I haven't been. I can't really say don't eat this or drink that if I'm doing it. My weight has continued to spiral up and up and up. I am officially at my heaviest. I weight five pounds more than what I did when I delivered my ten pound baby girl almost two years ago. I have a wonderful man in my life who has been there through thick and thin. I have a very beautiful diamond ring on my finger and he has a Hawaiian trip planned out for our wedding ceremony in Honolulu....Sounds wonderful right? well, knowing what I weigh, I cringed when he suggested it. I do not want to look like a beached whale in Hawaii. So our goal this year is for us both to drop fifty pounds. We want to work together and be better at our lives for us and our kids.
  • AnswerintheSky
    Options
    I work at teaching goal-setting principles so I suppose mine had better be SMART!

1. Lose an average of two pounds per month (as per doctor's orders) throughout the year.
    2. Get my spending under control by creating a comprehensive annual budget divided into monthly installments.
    3. Play racquetball two times per week (if racquetball friends are available) on average.
    4. Eat a low-fat plant-based diet to get my diabetes numbers in line within six to twelve months.
    5. Cook for myself more often, limiting restaurant eating to once or twice per week.
    6. Keep my condo clean and tidy so it's an inviting space to come home to and live in.
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    To continue to go to my weekly tennis lessson -- 90 mins of working out straight!

Go to Planet Fitness 10 times or more each month
  • joannewi
    joannewi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    1. Quit smoking-just a "sporadic" smoker...but going to give it up entirely - 12/31/12
    2. Lose 15# by April 1, 2013
    3. Be more organized!
    4. Drink water only instead of SF drinks with aspartamane in them.
    5. Pay extra on house payment each month,
    6. Continued sobriety! :)