March Madness Fitness Challenge!

Options
13»

Replies

• Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I'd like to join in the challenge if it's not too late! This seems like an upbeat, supportive thread - and positive energy is infectious. :)

My overall goal will be to lose 5 lbs by the end of March, being in the 130's for the first time in my adult life by April 1.

Mini goals for this week are to:
    *Keep up with running (I should report at least 3 runs this week)
    *Be mindful - watch out for diet soda! If I really want one, I can have it, but only after drinking water first. :)
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone on reaching your goals and keep plugging away for those who were almost there!
  • jezziebelle
    Options
    YAY!!! Come on Ladies! We are doing fantastically! haha we can do this. we can do this. we can do this.
  • jennmcpherson
    Options
    Morning all, happy Thursday!

Starting weight (for this challenge) 213
    Last weeks weight 209
    Current weight 208

Goal weight (for this challenge) 203

5 pounds left and almost 3 weeks left! I think I can do this! Last week I wasn't as focused as I usually am. I've been averaging a 2 pound loss for each week since I've started but this week was only 1 pound. Actually I shouldn't say that. It's not ONLY 1 pound, it's I LOST ANOTHER POUND!! Haha! Good luck to all of you on your reaching your weekly goals!

Edit: Sorry I just realized that I've lost 5 pounds since starting this challenge!! Go me go me!!
  • jezziebelle
    Options
    Challenge start weight: 175
    Last week's weight: 173
    This week's weight: 170
    Goal Weight: 166 (OR LESS)

Goal: 2 mile run in 20:00
    Last night I ran/walked 4 miles in an hour. :)

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've lost 5 lbs in this challenge! By March 28 I'm hoping to lose another 5. One, because I think it's a reasonable goal. Two, because that's when I leave for boot camp. And three, because if I lose another 5 lbs I'll be at a total weight loss of 50 lbs since the first time I started using MFP in Febrary 2008 (I took like a year break, and maintained my weight....mostly.... at 180, but now I'm back baby!)
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 140.0
    Current weight (as of 3/12/2010): 136.0

Had an early weigh-in this week; I weighed in on Friday because of TOM starting and lost 1.2 pounds. Started Week 4 of C25K on Saturday. I have been having major shin and calf pain and it has definitely gotten worse. Had a hard time landing and jumping and pretty much doing everything in dance last night. Majorly bummed over this and have decided to just work out 5 days this week instead of my usual 6. Have been getting in my 10 glasses of water every day. Still on track to be 132 by the end of the month, but you never know what's going to happen.

Good job ladies!
  • jezziebelle
    Options
    Current weight (as of 3/12/2010): 136.0

Had an early weigh-in this week; I weighed in on Friday because of TOM starting and lost 1.2 pounds. Started Week 4 of C25K on Saturday. I have been having major shin and calf pain and it has definitely gotten worse. Had a hard time landing and jumping and pretty much doing everything in dance last night. Majorly bummed over this and have decided to just work out 5 days this week instead of my usual 6. Have been getting in my 10 glasses of water every day. Still on track to be 132 by the end of the month, but you never know what's going to happen.

Good job ladies!

Be careful that you aren't getting shin splints. If you are/do you need to rest and ice them for like a week. Otherwise they can get waaaaaay worse. :( Just don't push yourself too fast or too hard, or you may end up benched for a while. And that (yes, I know) would suck.
  • jezziebelle
    Options
    GUESS WHAT!!!

I ran for 15 minutes straight today! I can't believe I did it! There were no walking breaks or water pauses lol, just 15 minutes of me running at 6 mph. That's like a miracle for me. And just in time I leave for boot camp in 12 days. :D
  • jennmcpherson
    Options
    15 minutes!! That's fantastic! I'm excited for that day myself! Haha, very very proud of you!!

Boot camp in 12 days! Will you still be on MFP?
  • jennmcpherson
    Options
    Starting weight (for this challenge) 213
    Last weeks weight 208
    Current weight 208

Goal weight (for this challenge) 203

Only down 0.2 pounds this week. Bright side - it's down not up and I know why it's only down 0.2 and not 2 pounds. It was the choices that I made this week. I'm going to look at this last week as an educational week and SMARTEN UP! I want to get to that 10 pound mark by the end of March. It's going to be tight but I think I can do it! I KNOW I can do it!
  • jezziebelle
    Options
    Down one more pound.

Starting challenge weight 174
    Current weight 169
    Challenge Goal 166

I don't think I'm going to quite make my goal, but I'm proud of the progress I made this month, both in weight and in fitness! :D
  • jillybeanruns
    Options
    Way to go ladies! I think I'm going to be off with my goal...but I'm still chugging along!

Current weight (as of 3/21/2010): 134.4

Goal weight: 132.0

I'm weighing in on my usual Sunday this week and then on Thursday (April 1) to see if I made it :)
  • jennmcpherson
    Options
    So I didn't weigh myself this week. It's been an awful week. Hopefully I'll come close when I do my weigh in this week.

Great job so far everyone!
  • jillybeanruns
    Options
    Hope you're having a better week Jenn!

I can't even believe it...but I DID IT! Lost 3 pounds last week...so I don't even have to weigh myself on Thursday to see if I met my March goal! I DID!!!!

Current weight (as of 3/28/2010): 131.4

Goal weight: 132.0
  • jennmcpherson
    Options
    That's awesome! SO so proud of you! I'm not weighing myself again until Monday. I'm sure it's went up and I'm giving myself a few days to try and get back on track. Monday will be my new weigh in day.

Again, I'm so proud of you! You're a rockstar!
  • jillybeanruns
    Options
    Thanks I was shocked. Losing so much last week was fabulous, but I lost .2 this week. So bummed. But I guess it averages out to 1.6 each week..but still. Lame lame :)

How's your weigh-in go?
  • jennmcpherson
    Options
    I agree LAME! No, I'm kidding, it's still great!

My weigh in was ok. Down 0.3 pounds. I hadn't worked out in 2 weeks and wasn't focusing to much on eating so I'm insanely happy that it's down at all! Everything has sort of settled now so I'm back on track 100%! Can't wait for next weeks' weigh-in. I'm sad this group is over now that March is gone. I'm thinking about starting a new one.
  • jillybeanruns
    Options
    You should. Too bad too many people dropped off the face with the thread, but I like a good challenge :) Let me know if you do and I'll be all over it! 0.3 pounds sounds good to me! You'll do much better this week, I'm sure!
  • jennmcpherson
    Options
    I did it! I started a group thread! I'm kind of excited about it too! Especially because I started the thread so I feel that much more accountable to keep on track!

Under Motivation and Support - Weight loss army!!
  • pudgy2
    pudgy2 Posts: 1
    Options
    How do I join a challenge.