Reinventing the Wheel

Options
shellma00
shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
Hi All!!

I joined MFP a year ago and did really well for 4 months and lost 25 lbs. Then my year went severely downhill and I fell off the wagon HARD, gaining everything plus a few back. I decided to restart my journey on the 1 year anniversary of the day I started MFP last year (12/26). Hence the title "reinventing the wheel". I am looking for new active friends for support. I will try to support you as much as I can, only hoping to gain some friends in return.

I think this is my year to succeed as I have tried to get my husband on board with me for support. He has never been one to diet or support dieting, but after an injury and light duty work for several months, he has realized he is at his heaviest weight.

Please add me if you would like a new friend.

Replies

• Poetry_In_Pics
    Options
    I think that it's great that you're getting back to work! :smile: I've regained weight off and on as well and understand how frustrating that can be! It's great that your husband is on board with you ~ that will help a great deal!

Nice to meet you!
  • Yesican42
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome back! I guess you could say we are in the same boat! I was on MFP a year ago, did well, then fell off the wagon too. I was going to start again on January 1st, but woke up this morning and told myself that today was the day to start on my new journey! I am also trying to get my husband on board too!
  • shellma00
    Options
    I have failed so many times because of not having his support, so I am hoping this time he will support me through it all.

Yesican42, I agree that waiting until January 1st does not make it any easier, so why wait!!

Poetry_in_Pic - are you a photographer? I am an amateur photographer and my mom is also.

It is really nice to meet you both!
  • magicherry
    magicherry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Same story here!

Since the world didn't end on Dec 21, I guess I can give this another shot.
  • shellma00
    Options
    So funny magicherry. BTW... I loved Daria when it was on. Just sayin!! LOL
  • lirr10185
    lirr10185 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It is always so much easier when the husband is on board. Unfortunately, mine is as skinny as a rail and I have always had trouble keeping my weight below his.
  • shellma00
    Options
    Mine isnt skinny by any means, but he can take off weight so much quicker than I. He will take off 10lbs in a matter of a week or 2. So frusterating. But he is a big and tall guy.
  • Mal76137
    Mal76137 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    welcome I sent a friend request. My husband is skinny and can eat whatever he wants. He is very supportive of me tho. WIll remind me I wanted to work out and things like that. If he had his way I wouldn't lose 1 lb. But I am happy is ok with me doing it The more support you have the better. Anyone can add me if they would like