New member with cabin fever.

Options
Hello everyone,

New member here, and very unsure what to write about me except that I found this site a few days ago, and I am very excited about this web site. I hope this is the extra tool that I need to help with my weight loss and to continue with a healthly life style. It's been a long winter and I am counting down the days until spring and summer come, when I can be more active outside.

Replies

• CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard!

This is easy - here's all ya' gotta do:

Cook smart, lotsa good filling stuff. Some fruits, lotsa veggies, some grains-cereals, some starchy stuff, some lean meat. Almost nothing fried (and certainly nothing batter dipped & deep fried), and very very little pastry/cakey stuff.

Count your calories accurately with the food guide here, and stay as close to your calorie allowance as you reasonably can. If you cook properly you shouldn't be too uncomfortable on the calorie allowance MFP will give you.

Get some exercise - work that gym, walk a little every day, something - that's a huge help. Remember to log your exercise and eat at least some (I eat most) of your exercise calories. Exercise is a self-feeding phenomenon. If you push yourself to do just a little today (it's supposed to be hard,,, it's exercise ) then you'll feel better about it and it'll be easier to do it again tomorrow. Then in a week you'll be able to do more, and it'll start to get fun. In a year you might be running 10k's,,, it's up to you.

And drink your water!

That's it, piece o' cake. Wife and I have been doing it for about a year now and we've done well. Lost about 130 pounds between us, and we're in much better shape.

Piece of cake, you can do it.
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    Ohhhh, I love your profile picture. Welcome.....you will do great. Try to get some exercise daily. Start with just a walk if that is all you can do. Eventually add strength training, strong muscles burn calories!!! and keep logging every day!!!
  • wisconsindoe
    wisconsindoe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks Keri!!! How do you like this site so far?