Annoyed at my NSV -_-

Options
Couldn't understand why I constantly started having to re-tuck my work shirt in my slacks
It looks unprofessional, etc..

Tell me why I just had the lightbulb that it's because my slacks are becoming too loose!

DUH.

Replies

• ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    LOL! Love that!!! :smile: Time to go shopping!
  • sylviatx
    sylviatx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Great one! Time to go buy some cute new smaller pants!
  • darcy2102
    darcy2102 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Luv it!!!:heart:
  • madcat_wechanged
    Options
    Good for you! Now tuck in that shirt:wink:
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Awww!! too funny!! congrats :)
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    That's great
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! Annoying as all get out though. I had to buy new pants because mine kept sliding down. Do you have a good belt?
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! Annoying as all get out though. I had to buy new pants because mine kept sliding down. Do you have a good belt?
    These don't even have belt hoops!

Those darn elastic "big girl" pants :grumble:
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    what does NSV mean? haha
    But that is awesome! Great job!
    Non scale Victory
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    That's great!! :drinker:
  • in4profit
    Options
    Congrats and keep up the focus. Always good to see a victory that doesn't involve the scale. Maybe suspenders will come back into style soon .....
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    hahahah...yeah, I had a similar one this summer...I kept having to hike my pants up, damn things almost fell off of me. When I went shopping finally I was in pants 3 sizes smaller...sheez.

Awesome victory!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

Ugh, I *hated* those. The good part is, that if the band isn't sewn in, you can cut open a seam, and tighten the elastic pretty easily. I don't really sew, but my mother who does had shown me how to do this type of thing. You can actually just use a safety pin to bunch up the elastic a little. It won't work forever, but it will stretch out the time between having to buy new clothes.`
  • llaurenmarie
    Options

Ugh, I *hated* those. The good part is, that if the band isn't sewn in, you can cut open a seam, and tighten the elastic pretty easily. I don't really sew, but my mother who does had shown me how to do this type of thing. You can actually just use a safety pin to bunch up the elastic a little. It won't work forever, but it will stretch out the time between having to buy new clothes.`
    Thanks so much! It'll definitely help since I don't have the time nor the finances to be out galavanting the mall...
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I was going to sugest trying to adjust the elastic band also. Plus, if you feel brave enough and have a sewing machine to run a new seam up the sides. I did that quite a bit in the begining.

Another sugestion. Thift stores?
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    I was going to sugest trying to adjust the elastic band also. Plus, if you feel brave enough and have a sewing machine to run a new seam up the sides. I did that quite a bit in the begining.

Oh nice! They are QUITE baggy in the legs. Even started off that way
    [I have a VERY large waist in comparison to my legs -_- always a problem]

Darn apple shaped people...
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options

Oh nice! They are QUITE baggy in the legs. Even started off that way
    [I have a VERY large waist in comparison to my legs -_- always a problem]

Darn apple shaped people...

Same here. I am 5'1" and 117 pounds and still have a 33 inch waist! My legs, however, are like twigs. Genetics in action! I will NEVER buy stretchy waist jeans again.... I discovered mid-rise jeans that go by the hip measurement and not the waist. And if you get the "skinny" version, the legs fit perfectly!
  • HealthyAlison
    HealthyAlison Posts: 112 Member
    Options

I'm trying to put off buying pants a bit longer too. Last month I put on a pair of dress pants the night before I needed to wear them. They aren't elestic waist, just nicely tailored without belt loops. I quickly stitched up an inch in the back. It didn't look great, but with the top and jacket I was wearing it did the trick. These are nice enough pants that when I think I'm at my final shape I'll pull out my stitches and have them professionally tailored. Good luck finding a solution that works for you!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options

I'm trying to put off buying pants a bit longer too. Last month I put on a pair of dress pants the night before I needed to wear them. They aren't elestic waist, just nicely tailored without belt loops. I quickly stitched up an inch in the back. It didn't look great, but with the top and jacket I was wearing it did the trick. These are nice enough pants that when I think I'm at my final shape I'll pull out my stitches and have them professionally tailored. Good luck finding a solution that works for you!
    [/quote]

It looks a little nicer if you stitch up a half inch on each side than an inch in the back. If you have the time.
  • brandtsw
    Options
    That is just awesome.....I look forward to having that problem