Seattle 47yo single mom and 4th year attorney

Options
Although at least three of those factors (getting older, being a single mom and becoming an attorney) have all contributed to my gain of weight and loss of fitness, at the end of the day being out of shape is still being out of shape. There's always a million things for me to do besides making good meals and working out but I have GOT to start making time for those things and for myself in general. I usually get motivated for a week or two and then fall back into the old patterns, which include consuming chocolate around the office as meal substitutes. How to get motivated, stay motivated and make taking good care of myself as non-negotiable as taking good care of my son -- that's the question!

Replies

• olsondre
    olsondre Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I had been having a hard time staying on track and keep letting myself get sidetracked by the career. Best wishes!
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Plan. Stick to the Plan. Then Plan more. (btw, I'm in Seattle too! HIIII!)
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Issaquah here. I sent a friend request.
  • howebrook
    howebrook Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom attorney in Seattle too -- I sent you a friend request.
  • Fibergurl
    Options
    Hang in there! Stick to your plan!

Seattle here as well.
  • JJEMZN
    Options
    My coach from Beach body started a facebook page and we all support each other, post our meals & calorie intake for the day, It really helps! So maybe you can find some sort of local support group for weight loss :) It is really worth checking in too :) hope that helps a little , Kim :)
  • sammons2
    Options
    Hi I am 51 married mother of 2 sons I have 4 grandsons. I had to stop working 7 years ago due to health issues I stopped smoking 5 years ago and starting putting on the weight. I need to get motivated
  • alausch
    Options
    I'm in Seattle too. Just sent you a friend request. This site has helped me loose 15 lbs. I have 15 more to go!
  • mommysockmonkey
    mommysockmonkey Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm 41, a mother of 4 (including a newborn) and an attorney. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wow...just want all you Seattle folks to know....I love that area!!! It is so beatiful, puget sound and San Jauns fabulous! Well I would be hiking and walking everywhere for wt loss if I lived there, especially just in town with the hills, great for wt.loss!!
  • rainlover711
    rainlover711 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Also from Seattle here, feel free to add me