Cannot give up my hot coffee!!

Options
HELP! I am a coffee fanatic. Wish I could drink it black but I have to have cream and sugar. I have used turbinado sugar. I also like flavored creamers but they pack on the calories. I am trying to avoid artificial sweetners. Are there any good protein powders that will mix into hot drinks? I have tried putting the hot coffee in a blender with powder but the heat fromt he coffee seems to amek the blender go crazy! I like it HOT! SOemone needs to invent a protein stir in!! If I am going to drink calories, I want them to have some nutritive value! :drinker:

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I haven't bothered trying to give up my coffee. I love it, and it makes my day happier. I'll give up other things and not try to wreck it by making it nutritive.

:-P
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    YAWN....you dong HAVE to give up anything. In fact, coffee has little effect on losing weight.
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Same here, can't give it up even while breastfeeding
  • cloza12
    cloza12 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    YAWN....you dong HAVE to give up anything. In fact, coffee has little effect on losing weight.

This. I still drink my coffee every day, why give it up?
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I haven't bothered trying to give up my coffee. I love it, and it makes my day happier. I'll give up other things and not try to wreck it by making it nutritive.

:-P

The world is safer if I get my 2 cups a day.

And this probably should have gone in Food/Nutrtion.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    why is this in tech support???

and i'll never give up my coffee or my creamers. and i love the substitute sugars. idgaf if they gimme cancer. i don't want to live forever.
  • imfivebyfive
    Options
    I was a coffee creamer and tons of sugar person as well. Slowly I just started cutting back the amount of both over many months. Now I'm enjoying coffee with no sugar and just adding some unsweetened almond milk (only 30 cals a cup) to make it more creamy tasting. I actually seem to enjoy it more now without all the extra stuff.

Basically what I'm saying is you can re-calibrate your taste to enjoy the coffee without all that stuff.
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Two things.

First of all three years ago, heck, six months ago I would have told you I couldn't give up coffee either. In fact I justified the fact that I only like it with half & half. I figured out how to adjust for that calorie intake and never felt guilty about taking it. It took a major reason for me to be willing to give it up and I promise you this, when I made the decision it was more about giving up dairy that it was about giving up coffee. I haven't had any since mid-September and I haven't missed it once. I have had some coffee flavored protein shakes at times but I really haven't minded at all being without the coffee itself which I have found SHOCKING considering how much I used to have regularly.

Second, if you are going to use coffee for mixing a protein drink, make the pot early or the night before. Let it be room temperature. Put it in the blender to mix. Then heat it up in the microwave. I would want it hot too, and that's EXACTLY how I would do it.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I can't give up my super sweet and creamy coffee, either. About 175 calories every morning. I just make room for it in my calorie allowance. You don't have to cut it out - just work it into your day.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    So... Technically...what is wrong with your coffee? is it not downloading easily?
    Try adding stevia?
    but seriously, dont stop drinking coffee...it will crash the MFP website.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Pry-it-from-my-cold-dead-hands_01.jpg

YOU CAN HAVE MY COFFEE WHEN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I will drink 3 or 4 cups of coffee a day, with 0.8 of a cup of skim milk used between them.

It costs barely anything calorie wise and there are many benefits to drinking coffee.

I don't really see how this is a problem?
    Try Stevia of you're worried about the sugar.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    What are you doing? A travesty. Sacrilege even ! Just leave the coffee alone. Put your protein powder in a spoon and chew it, if you have to. But never adulterate your coffee with healthy stuff.
    Jeez.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    HELP! I am a coffee fanatic. Wish I could drink it black but I have to have cream and sugar. I have used turbinado sugar. I also like flavored creamers but they pack on the calories. I am trying to avoid artificial sweetners. Are there any good protein powders that will mix into hot drinks? I have tried putting the hot coffee in a blender with powder but the heat fromt he coffee seems to amek the blender go crazy! I like it HOT! SOemone needs to invent a protein stir in!! If I am going to drink calories, I want them to have some nutritive value! :drinker:

Your problem isn’t the coffee it’s what you’re putting in your coffee. Your topic should read can’t stop putting sugar and cream in my coffee. I drink lots of black coffee, try it you’ll get use to it. You think people like Guinness the first time they try it? lol
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    My weight loss ticker reflects that your cup of dessert, um coffee is not going to de-rail your weight loss. Just factor it into your daily allowance. There have been days where that very cup of coffee wtih REAL sugar and sugared flavored creamers was the only thing that kept me in line cause I kept promising myself that my treat was coming!!!
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    548818_256303897832516_931984986_n.jpg
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    WHAT?! Give up coffee? Add stuff to it and change the wonderful taste? Hell no on both counts. I use creamer, milk and truvia and I'm not giving it up anytime soon. Coffee makes it safe for everybody else :devil: :devil: :laugh: :laugh:
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee and I usually have it black but if I want to add in flavor I'll steep some tea in with the coffee. Usually chai tea or something like that and I sweeten it with Truvia and neither add much in the way of calories (chai tea is like 5 calories a tea bag and Truvia is a 0 calorie sweetener). It gives it a nice flavor I think with no added calories.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Nonfat milk is only 86 calories for a cup! Do you put that much milk in your coffee? And sugar isn't the evil of weight loss that everyone makes it out to be. Why not keep the coffee and add in an extra walk or a few extra minutes on the treadmill? If it's something you love, then it is worth it to find a way to work it into your regular diet.

Personally, I hate coffee, but I refuse to give up foods I love and find ways to work them in. Best of luck! I'm off to go find some chocolate! I have calories to spare today! :drinker:
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I have 4 cups of coffee a day usually, just with a bit of milk. I used to have sugar but gave it up totally at the start of 2007. I couldn't drink it with sugar in it now, it ruins the taste of the coffee. Although I do like a flavoured skinny latte now and again!