Fitbit UIltra vs. Fitbit One

Options
I'm DEF buying one of these either tonight or tomorrow. But I read somewhere that the fitbit one does not connect to MFP and the Fitbit ultra does. Anyone who has either could you tell me!
ALSO - I have the samsung galaxy s3....do these connect to the phone as well.

Im a lost sole and am NOT good at making decisions! Pros and Cons people! :-) :grumble: :smile:

Replies

• maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'm looking for the same information!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Not sure about the phone but both connect to MFP. The ultra is older and wont syn directly with a phone. There is also the Zip which is cheaper. This too syncs with a phone but does not do stairs or sleep.
  • kazdav
    kazdav Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hope that is not the case, just ordered the 'one' and my understanding is that it should sync with MFP. Hope someone else has the answer.
  • leblanc_kelly88
    leblanc_kelly88 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    So I managed to take my time and actually read the information on their site. It does link with MFP and phones. Right NOW its doesn't like with android phones....just apple but looks like they are working on it becuase it says "coming soon"
  • kazdav
    Options
    Pretty certain it won't sync with your phone as its android. Think it syncs with iPhone 4 and up and the iPad 3 and up.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Pretty certain it won't sync with your phone as its android. Think it syncs with iPhone 4 and up and the iPad 3 and up.

Only iPhone 5 and up. Not 4 or 4s
  • kazdav
    Options
    Have just ordered mine and the timing is such that I should receive it just as my husband leaves for six weeks, how much weight can I lose I wonder.

I was doing really well back in the summer with MFP and recording religiously but had an emotional setback in September and have just not got back on the wagon. Going to do my best as turning 50 in the summer, would like to lose 50 before 50 if you get my drift.
  • kazdav
    Options

I could have sworn I read iPhone 4, no matter for me as I have the iPhone 5, and please less of the and up ????

Apple totally hacked me off when they brought out the new iPad so soon after the March release which is when I got mine.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit One, the box says it works with iPhone 4S. With fitbit One to sync fitbit data with the fitbit website you need an iPhone 4S or 5 or iPad (3 or up) to do it via Bluetooth, or via a computer using the wireless USB dongle. With the fitbit Ultra you can only sync the data by plugging in the base station to a computer, which needs to have the software installed.

On the website I think it said Android connection is coming soon.

Both the Ultra and One sync with MFP.
  • LButterfly201
    Options

The fit bit 1 syncs up with Iphone 4S and upwards. I got mine today and took my iphone 4s 2 secdons to acknowledge it :)
  • jaz050465
    Options

Sorry. I was wrong about the 4s then.
  • rachl809
    rachl809 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I got my Fitbit One Dec 15 along with the Fitbit Aria as a holiday present. I have had no problems syncing with MFP with calorie adjustments and I love seeing my weight drop (slowly, but still) in the progress. I wear a HRM during my workouts and just log I worked out in MFP and it discounts the calorie shown by my Fitbit One at that time. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out! I'm happy to help :)
  • vigster64
    vigster64 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    the ultra nor the one directly connect to MFP. you have to link the fitbit account it self to MFP. once the accounts are linked when the one or ultra sync to fitbit online it will push the data to MFP