Ordered myself a HR Monitor

Options
I had to share it with all of you because noone else gives a flying-pig about this kind of stuff!

I have been estimating calories burned etc. during my workouts, and thins have been going along just fine, but I think that this is going to be GREAT for getting my proper TDEE/BMR etc. Whee...can't wait for it to arrive!

Replies

• SleepySin
    SleepySin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I was the same way when I got mine for the holidays!! My SO bought me the Suunto M4 (black/pink) because I've been wanting to fine-tune my workout accountability. The MFP calorie estimates are a bit high for my fitness level/size and the gym treadmills were reporting my HR a good 30-40 points BELOW what my HRM was telling me!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I had to share it with all of you because noone else gives a flying-pig about this kind of stuff!

I have been estimating calories burned etc. during my workouts, and thins have been going along just fine, but I think that this is going to be GREAT for getting my proper TDEE/BMR etc. Whee...can't wait for it to arrive!

HRM's don't do either of these two things. For females, the calorie burn estimates are known to be up to 30% off. Just sayin'
  • slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your new HRM. I love mine. Helps fight the slack by pushing into consistant workouts, and keeping my thumper thumping. One of my best investments.

Now i'm waiting for the most amazing ultimate Blue Tooth enabled HRM iphone app to come out so I can track a little better. There are several already out there but nothing of what i'd really like to have. Most focus around cycling and running.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

HRM's don't do either of these two things. For females, the calorie burn estimates are known to be up to 30% off. Just sayin'

Yeah, your HRM isn't going to give you your TDEE or BMR. You can, however, get these #s at http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/