exercise calories

Options
I know I know that all the posts say eat your exercise calories. But I'm burning over 1000 per day. That would make me eat 2800 + every day. That's seems way too much!

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    WOW. You must work out alot. I probably wouldn't eat them all either.
  • irismoon
    Options
    The main reason people say this is because if you aren't some what balanced on calorie intake and calories burned your body will feel tired easily or think it is starving. At least that's what my books say. This isn't saying that you must always eat your exercise calories, but make sure you aren't burning off too much. Remember the calorie intake on here is already set for you to loose weight.

Also if 3,500 calories equals 1 pound of body fat and you aren't intaking enough calories to somewhat balance out your diet, you will loose weight quickly. Say you burn 1000 calories a day that you aren't eating. That means you will loose 1 pound or more every 3.5 days (depends on what you set your calories to in the beginning for weight loss here on MFP) . This is some pretty good weight loss. Sounds awesome, doesn't it? The problem is it may not be considered healthy for you. The best thing is to check in with your doctor to make sure that is safe for you. For some people more than 1 pound a week isn't healthy. If your doctor gives you the thumbs up, then have fun loosing the weight. You'll be doing it quicker than me! lol. :wink:
  • areay22
    areay22 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks!