Diet Books....I got a bunch, and still FAT!!!

Options
LOL!!!!
I have NO will power when it comes to diet books... I have a ton, and I've gotten alot of good information from them... but here I sit, still fat.... and with a ton of books on the bookshelf... Anyone else have the compulsion to buy diet books, pills, DVD's, equipment, etc. That you don't need? HELP!!! I need to know I'm not alone.....

Replies

• dchief30
    dchief30 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are useing the weight watchers book and Goerge forming
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    That's because diets don't work. I used to feel that way but not anymore. I bought a program called The Food Lovers Fat Loss program back in October and have lost 49 lbs so far. I've also gone down two pants sizes. It's not a diet. It teaches you are to eat and cook correctly and make a lifestyle change. It has literally saved my life. I'm 43 years old and weighed 294. Never again! You can check out the program at myfoodlovers.com if you are interested.

Christine
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I was looking at buyibng the Eat Clean Diet Book!
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I've thought about it - but haven't actually done it. I figure if I can't change my habits from the inside, then NOTHING on the outside is going to so it. That's not to say that external tools aren't helpful - like MFP, but even this takes committment. My weakness and what I'm having THE hardest time changing - swapping out carbs for protein. We all have our battles, is basically what I'm getting at, even if they aren't the same. So, if you're compulsively buying all this stuff but not changing your habits what I would propose is that you want to lose the weight, but you aren't yet committed to the work it will take. Which is okay.. when you ARE ready to commit, you'll have lots of tools and resources to help you along the way.

Maybe take some time to sit with yourself and what it means to meet your desired outcomes and see where you are with it, internally? Perhaps that is where you'll find the best and most honest answers - even if they aren't the ones you want. After all, you always have the option to change the answer, whenever you want. Whatever you choose, it's for YOU - no one else.

Good luck!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I think the only way a diet book will be of much help is if you are reading it while walking on a treadmill :wink:

My mom has those compulsions. I've been blessed not to have that.