Curves?

Options
Does Curves work? I really want a quick routine I can squeeze into my very busy day and Curves seems to be able to do that. I have heard it gets boring, but I just don't find time to go to a regular gym. And personal trainers are out of my price range. I would love feedback. Thanks

Replies

• hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    If you're just getting started, it's good. It's hard to mess up the exercises, and the one that I went to in Iowa was really supportive, taking measurements and tracking progress. They usually have an inexpensive trial you can do to see if you like it before diving in.
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    I know that a friend of mine went there and combined with ww, she lost 100lbs in a year... I went for about 3mths before I moved and I lost about 18lbs.... but sadly gained them back due to crappy eating and no exercise...
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    It does! But I found it dull after a while. I work better in a more traditional gym setting.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I have a friend doing Curves, they gave her diet info as well as exercise.
    She is losing as much, if not a little more weight than me.
    We have both been doing our respective weight loss plans for about 10 months so it is standing the test of time for her.

She loves it. She uses graphs and charts and stuff. I prefer mfp
    meh

give it a go.
  • lisakozol
    lisakozol Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I used to be in fairly good shape but lately have gotten huge around the middle. I have been asked many times when I am due -- and I am not pregnant. I think I will give it a try.
  • maurakl
    Options
    I think the Curves program is great. I did it and felt great and lost lots of inches. I recommend it. I even worked there, but quit for work related reasons, not because I didn't think it was a great plan. Unfortunately, it is not in a location that works for me to go anymore. Too much money in gas just to get there!
  • charbear32
    charbear32 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love it! I was a member 5 years ago and had to stop due to a move and a new job
    (the curves there didn't work with my hours). I just joined again and am doing the curves complete. I did my first workout today and loved that I can adjust the intensity. The machines are hydraulic so they work harder against you as you put more effort in. And i jogged on the recovery boards so i got a great workout at the same time that some elderly women I was talking to did a more moderate circuit and got a workout fit for them! I think it's awesome!
  • JosieJo2000
    JosieJo2000 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I think anywhere that is easy to get to and encourages you to stick at it is a good thing! I say go for it, you can always change to traditional gym down the line if you get bored or need more of a challenge.
  • nhughes1864
    nhughes1864 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love Curves! I like the fact that it is all women and it is quick. I go to a club on my way home from work and everyone is very friendly. I didn't go for almost 5 months :( due to work and other life factors but I recently started back and am doing Curves Complete. My club was great about it and I was welcomed back as if I had never missed a beat. They also offer Zumba which I think is awesome!
  • mp6831
    mp6831 Posts: 2
    Options
    How do we enter a curves circuit workout? I see its listed when I type it in but not sure if I need to put it under strength or cardio.
  • nhughes1864
    nhughes1864 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I log mine under Cardio.
  • Linda505
    Linda505 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like Curves. It is as hard or as easy as you make it. It is convenient and I can go during lunch. Being able to travel to different Curves really helps. I agree it can get a little boring, but the other ladies are encouraging.