What's your favourite healthy meal?

Options
13»

Replies

• rcolours7
    Options
    spring mix lettuce, gorganzola cheese, apple and/or pear -sliced thin, raspberry-walnut vinegrette dressing & then add some nut/seed that u like (see season's 52 salad menu - this is where i got this from on a recent visit, i just modified it w/the dressing)

baked sweet potato in the skin - cut open & sprinkle on some cinnamon

butternut squash & apples
    1 squash cut into chunks
    3-4 red delicious apples cut into chunks
    coat in olve oil, sprinkle on cinnamon, allspice/nutmeg
    single layer on cookie sheet
    bake @ 3500 degrees for @ 30+ mins - squahs needs to be fork tender

some optional things -
    i sprinkle on brown sugar b/f baking
    can mix it w/spinach lettuce - after baking
    instead of brown sugar - use honey
    raisins or craisin - after baking

original recipe from Wegman's supermarket
  • asglovesdaisy
    Options
    i could have some sort or grilled fish like salmon and some roasted veggies like roasted potatoes and carrots , squash anything healthy
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Easy healthy cashew chicken!!! its sooo good essentially its just chicken, chicken broth, soy sauce, celery and water chestnuts! oh and corn starch to thicken the broth/sauce. I think its a weight watcher recipe.
    found it!

http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeId=93571

sooooo good!
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    My recent favourite "healthy meal" is a quesadilla with 1 whole wheat wrap stuffed with small amount of cheddar cheese, some sliced turkey or chicken, spinach, red onion, red peppers, avocado or whatever other veggies I want to add crisped up and cheese melted in a frying pan (no oil). Then on the side I will have cut up broccoli with a dip or bake yam fries with a dip.
  • ma_oeuvre
    Options
    Thanks all :D Avocado is another thing I had forgotten about - used to love it on wholegrain toast :)
  • LadyZephyr
    LadyZephyr Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Spiced sweet potato 'fries' - cut up sweet potato into chips, toss in a tbsp of olive oil, garlic powder and chilli powder, season to taste and bake in the oven for 20 or so minutes at 200'c. I like mine with sweet chilli sauce and a salad.

Sushi. Homemade or not, its all good, healthy and nutritious so long as you stay away from fattening fillings. Japanese food in general is super healthy and by far my favourite cuisine.

I really love mackerel, its a source of good fat and great for your hair and skin. I like to eat it on wholemeal toast, mixed with spring onions and topped with cucumber. Or make it into a salad.

Light versions of traditional curries - by cutting out the ghee you save yourself so many calories. I'm pretty nifty at curries as my mother is Indian, so figuring out how to lower the calorie and fat content of my favourite dishes was easy, plus indian food, if made at home and not ordered from a takeaway, is very healthy indeed. There are so many vegetarian dishes as many indian families only eat meat once or twice a week, so everyone can enjoy it.

Stir-fried veggies with an addition of your choice. Obvious choice, I know, but who doesn't love a good healthy stir fry? I add prawns or quorn with some wholemeal noodles. I make my own sauce as store-bought sauces can be high in fat and calories.

Soup! There are so many delicious healthy soup recipes, which is great for winter.

try www.skinnytaste.com for recipe ideas. Gina is awesome!
  • skyhealth
    skyhealth Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My Favourite Healthy meal:
    -Lemon Pepper Salmon baked in the oven
    -One cup of Brown Rice
    -Steamed Broccoli, Carrot and Cauliflower or steamed brocolli, beans and bugar-snap peas
  • Infauna
    Options
    I love making stir fry. Mine usually has red/green peppers, bean sprouts, broccoli, jasmine rice, egg, and chicken. I season the veggies and rice with a tiny bit of oyster sauce and looots of sriracha. :love: It's really a favorite dinner of mine.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    i would have to say a spinach tuna melt on flatbread with steamed broccoli on the side. yum.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Because man, I need some ideas! I'm in an absolute rut and I need some ideas, and I hear man cannot live by bacon alone ;)

So please - tell me what your favourite healthy meal is :)

Chicken
    w/
    Onion
    Peppers
    asparagus
    zucchini

All cooked on the George forman